SIP Airport

Well isn't this awkward...my company Moskva Avia Global (Pearls) has a Ukrainian subsidiary...will SIP stay Ukrainian, will it become Crimean, or will it join Russia?

Also, I think in real life I would be forced to sell my Ukrainian Company (or have it nationalized)...so I'll be seeing if there is any interest in buying it.

We will see. At the moment the status of SIP and UKS is not certain. We will consider this within the next days, weeks or even month as soon as the real life events are calming down and there will be a stable situation again

If I found a subsidiary (Brazilian parent company) in Simferopol and Crimea is annexed to Russia, will it be considerered as a "free market"? Would I be able to transport passengers within Russia with a Brazilian parent company?

note: Ukraine is free, Russia isn’t.

If these airports will be part of the russian territorie, you will have the same rights like you would have founded your subsidiary on any other russian city. But if this will be changed and which option the player based at these airports will have is not decided right now.

If these airports will be part of the russian territorie, you will have the same rights like you would have founded your subsidiary on any other russian city. But if this will be changed and which option the player based at these airports will have is not decided right now.

Yeah, I meant founding the subsidiary before the change.

That wouldn't change anything as it is linked to the location...

If I found a subsidiary (Brazilian parent company) in Simferopol and Crimea is annexed to Russia, will it be considerered as a "free market"? Would I be able to transport passengers within Russia with a Brazilian parent company?

note: Ukraine is free, Russia isn’t.

Why not buy my Kyiv based company since according to Fox News it is only a matter of days until Putin takes that too? :wink:

In all seriousness, do you think the Russians would give you full market access because of a shell company? I would say any company founded in SIP as a subsidiary would only be able to serve Crimea to anywhere but not domestic Ukrainian or Russian routes.

We will discuss this later on, on how this will be processed in AirlineSim. From the technical point of view there are two possibilities:

1) transfering all airlines based at these two airport to another ukrainian airport

2) leaving them there and these airports will become russian airports with the change of all traffic rights.

But that is only the technical view - we will come with further information about this as soon as this will be relevant.

Looks like Venice might need to be treated as well. And maybe Scotland. And maybe Québec (elections in 3 weeks, separatist party currently in power as a minority looking for a majority).