Suggestion: Seat Option Limits in Cabin Configuration

Realism and AirlinsSim - 2 different worlds. Amazing how often people are complaining that AS is not like real world.

Everyone agrees that it‘s a different world. But does it mean we can‘t try to change it? I don‘t like this it‘s always been like that so we won‘t change it-mentality. What kind of simulation do you prefer? Fantasysim or the best airline management sim possible? Ever thought of this to be one of the reasons for low participation and no dynamics in old game worlds? Think about it.

While ancillary revenues are a big part of LCC it‘s definitely not easy to implement. Who pays for the extra cookie and who doesn‘t? In the end it doesn‘t matter too much in my eyes, as the total revenue of the passengers is important, which is equal to the fare. I think nobody calls for 2$-tickets but at least for more dynamics on the pricing front.

Average fare and average ancillary revenue per pax combined IRL are more than average short haul economy default rate in AS. There’s your answer.

Currently everyone flies around with ORS 99 which is ridiculous and it makes it impossible to distinguish your offering

I agree this is one of the biggest flaws of the current system. IMO a simple bell curve distribution approach to seat rating and a little higher contribution of price towards the overall rating could do the trick towards more flexibility of positioning your product. Does not have to end up in a price war but a 99/100 rating should probably always end up at a loss.

Perhaps even connections should be counted as ineligible if the total flight time from A to B via C is longer than A to B directly by factor two as opposed to twice the distance (or was it 1,5x distance?). That could take some of the "Infinite-Connecting-Pax-Mega-Hub" effect away.

As an addition, I think the current aircraft type restriction should be changed to a seating capacity based system instead. Why can't I fly a E195 with a realistic cabin configuration between two 10-Bar airports but a 80 seat CSeries 300 or a 100 seat A320 is ok? Who even came up with that logic?

If only there was someone developing this game instead of just working on the price

Everyone agrees that it‘s a different world. But does it mean we can‘t try to change it? I don‘t like this *it‘s always been like that so we won‘t change it*-mentality. What kind of simulation do you prefer? Fantasysim or the best airline management sim possible? Ever thought of this to be one of the reasons for low participation and no dynamics in old game worlds? Think about it.

While ancillary revenues are a big part of LCC it‘s definitely not easy to implement. Who pays for the extra cookie and who doesn‘t? In the end it doesn‘t matter too much in my eyes, as the total revenue of the passengers is important, which is equal to the fare. I think nobody calls for 2$-tickets but at least for more dynamics on the pricing front.

I am Player long enough to know the simulation and that it is far away from reality. Are you really asking what I want, voeni? I thought we had a chat about that a while ago? Have you seen any development in the last year(s)? I have not. Why should I then think about topics which will never find the way into AS?

I might be too realistic but I am pretty sure that things will not change. And I am dar away of saying that things should stay as they are. But in my eyes and for me, it is a waste of time to try to improve the game with limits on seat option, low cost carrier etc. as long as the system itself works as is and demand is still calculated as is etc.

There are big issues in the whole system but I doubt that they will be solved. A new approach would be needed and the last statement clearly showed me that it will not happen.

I operate some thin and long routes using A320s and C series. I put recliner seats because the aircraft can't even carry that many PAX with comfort seat. So is it suggesting i have to install empty seats knowingly no one would/can book them?

Yes, partly, but most important ancillary revenue is the biggest contributing factor to LCC profitability. Without ancillary revenues thinking of LCCs is ... A nonsense.

It’s quite easy to substantiate this via Google search.

Actually some countries even have 'legacy' carries taking advantages of that. Thinking about how much airlines in US and Canada make for the baggages...

I am Player long enough to know the simulation and that it is far away from reality. Are you really asking what I want, voeni? I thought we had a chat about that a while ago? Have you seen any development in the last year(s)? I have not. Why should I then think about topics which will never find the way into AS?

I might be too realistic but I am pretty sure that things will not change. And I am dar away of saying that things should stay as they are. But in my eyes and for me, it is a waste of time to try to improve the game with limits on seat option, low cost carrier etc. as long as the system itself works as is and demand is still calculated as is etc.

There are big issues in the whole system but I doubt that they will be solved. A new approach would be needed and the last statement clearly showed me that it will not happen.

And yet you tell every other player, that your view is the one and only correct one. Let others have some fun fantasizing what could be.

Will it ever be implemented? Who knows. I certainly dont think so, yet I do enjoy discussing of how an improved (not 100% realistic) game could look like.

Many people dont know that, but you actually can read something on the internet with which you dont agree and just move on, without leaving a sour comment. It really is possible!

My view is not the only one which is correct. I have never claimed that for me and will never.

Have a good new year.

My view is not the only one which is correct. I have never claimed that for me and will never.

Have a good new year.

You very often sound like this.

Have a wonderful 2019 too.

Will it ever be implemented? Who knows. I certainly dont think so, yet I do enjoy discussing of how an improved (not 100% realistic) game could look like

This pretty much sums up these forums recently and the main cause of anger that the price increase has evoked is purely for this reason, all the suggestions are out here and yet it appears absolutely no work is being done to improve the game. Don’t get me wrong it’s great as it is; however it could be so so much better if there was some form of continuous development going on. Sadly it seems from all the comments I have read that this continuous development has been missing for at least a few years now.