Tens of scheduled flights from PEK to TSN using LET and MA6?

aaaah  - ok ...

Because this was announced. And as the saying in my country goes, not knowing the law is not an excuse.

the link to the official announcement please.

And there was a very similar thread a few months ago shortly after Riem start. I posted the same information there, so you do not even need to scan threads years back, just read the current ones.

Edit: the relevant information was actually posted in your own thread (rpandugita). So no excuse you didn’t know this was prohibited (even though you were just defending the offending player).

http://community.airlinesim.aero/topic/8049-strategy-in-riem/

Maybe I missed it, but I don't see any official AS team commenting about LET on this thread. Only your statement, and you are.. err.. WHO? 

I think our devil's advocate is correct here.

The problem is not so much people using highly unrealistic business models, but the game's demand model favoring these unrealistic business models instead of ground transport.

May be a point to note for future worlds.

Maybe I missed it, but I don't see any official AS team commenting about LET on this thread. Only your statement, and you are.. err.. WHO? 

Come on you be nice you two! 

As per an official AS team commenting on this thread I've given 24 hour for someone to respond to the thread officially. 

But here is something, a response to a ticket I wrote asking them to settle this once and for all, regarding the perceived slot blocking.

"Could you please define Slot Blocking at Major Airports?

Inbox

x

10:35 PM (17 hours ago)

to support

There has been discussion on the forums on Riem, regarding ZHONGGUO AIRLINES and his use of small planes to block slots. His flight schedules for some cities are unrealistic with one city pair having over 36 flights using small planes. Could someone please settle this once and for all regarding if this is considered slot blocking or not. People have stated they have reported numerous times but yet the administrators haven’t said anything regarding this. Could someone please check the forums and the above airline and get back to us regarding if this is considered slot blocking or not.

Thank you,"

Here is the reply I got.

"AirlineSim Support via email.freshdesk.com

1:12 AM (15 hours ago)

to me

Hi,

at this stage of the airline development, we do not see it as slot blocking. This may be judged in another way in the future, but currently it is not."

So we can now all move along regarding this matter. No more arguing and let's have fun. 

Yep - and still is at the moment a matter of single case decission. If someone is operating CDG-LHR with LET, it might be ok, if the slots are not used frequently at both airport. But if the slots are almost occupied, this might be judged as slot blocking. So it doesn't help but have a decission case by case on report.

Because this was announced. And as the saying in my country goes, not knowing the law is not an excuse.

Long live Portugal!

Maybe I missed it, but I don’t see any official AS team commenting about LET on this thread. Only your statement, and you are… err… WHO?

Use search button and you find it. Early 2014. I am not going to do your job.

And to your second question, my name is George, and you are WHO?

Come on you be nice you two! 

As per an official AS team commenting on this thread I've given 24 hour for someone to respond to the thread officially. 

But here is something, a response to a ticket I wrote asking them to settle this once and for all, regarding the perceived slot blocking.

"Could you please define Slot Blocking at Major Airports?

Inbox

x

10:35 PM (17 hours ago)

to support

There has been discussion on the forums on Riem, regarding ZHONGGUO AIRLINES and his use of small planes to block slots. His flight schedules for some cities are unrealistic with one city pair having over 36 flights using small planes. Could someone please settle this once and for all regarding if this is considered slot blocking or not. People have stated they have reported numerous times but yet the administrators haven’t said anything regarding this. Could someone please check the forums and the above airline and get back to us regarding if this is considered slot blocking or not.

Thank you,"

Here is the reply I got.

"AirlineSim Support via email.freshdesk.com

1:12 AM (15 hours ago)

to me

Hi,

at this stage of the airline development, we do not see it as slot blocking. This may be judged in another way in the future, but currently it is not."

I was humbled by the judgment and the verdict. I really didn't expect that the ruling will be in favor of my (supposed to be) client, given how hostile the public accusation directed toward him and how bad the people sentiment toward his business conduct. Thank you for AS Support to make the case clear. Thank you for HSXAGENT to even bother to make this thing clear by sending formal email to AS Support. Thank you everyone who have chip in their opinions, views, as well as their BS. Let's use this case to introspect ourselves so next time we will be slow to pass judgment to our fellow players and just report any potential violation to AS Team and trust their thorough investigation and case per case judgment. Hopefully from a constructive discussion, AS Team can also formulate better definition and eventually adjust the game mechanics as well as incorporating the abuse prevention in the game.

Yep - and still is at the moment a matter of single case decission. If someone is operating CDG-LHR with LET, it might be ok, if the slots are not used frequently at both airport. But if the slots are almost occupied, this might be judged as slot blocking. So it doesn't help but have a decission case by case on report.

Thank you SK! always a great delight to have someone, who is actually in charge, step in and prevent official pretender mislead the AS public.

--- 000 ---

On a much less serious tone and slightly off topic... - pardon me  -_- - I would also use this opportunity to advertise my advocacy services. If you need to be represented in AS cases, business transactions, or simply seeking legal/business advice, don't hesitate to give me a PM.  :ph34r: 

Well I just wish the players who used LET planes early last year from LHR on Aspern and were severely punished would now raise their voice and objections to double standard treatment. But I guess those players got disgusted and had left AS since long ago.

Thank you SK! always a great delight to have someone, who is actually in charge, step in and prevent official pretender mislead the AS public.

Somehow I feel this was directed at me. How dare you call me “official pretender”.

Those of us that have been here long enough remember very well LET planes case from LHR. But the fact AS changes their view and stance on many matters as fast as my daughter changes clothes per day (meaning so frequently you cannot even count) is a well known fact. What was allowed yesterday is not allowed today with heavy penalties and then will be allowed again tomorrow. And everything is OK.

So don’t be so fast in your celebrations, you may be left with the sour taste in your mouth at the end.

Getting back to the beginning, and pointing attention again to your comment, if it was directed at me I expect an apology. BTW my ignore list is alive and well.

Somehow I feel this was directed at me. How dare you call me "official pretender".

Those of us that have been here long enough remember very well LET planes case from LHR. But the fact AS changes their view and stance on many matters as fast as my daughter changes clothes per day (meaning so frequently you cannot even count) is a well known fact. What was allowed yesterday is not allowed today with heavy penalties and then will be allowed again tomorrow. And everything is OK.

So don’t be so fast in your celebrations, you may be left with the sour taste in your mouth at the end.

Getting back to the beginning, and pointing attention again to your comment, if it was directed at me I expect an apology. BTW my ignore list is alive and well.

I was contemplating whether I have to feed the troll or not. Maybe just one last dessert.

As a veryyy junior AS player, for once I almost thought that you are an AS spoke person, or a member of UAB or whatever position in AS Team. But in some threads I saw Martin, SK and several other AS Team need to step in and correct your statements and classify them as non-official statements to avoid public confusion.  

From my point of view, AS Team has been very consistent with their written rules. They understand they have weaknesses and loopholes which may be exploited by players that will adversely affect the overall gameplay. Even so they choose to proceed with caution by thorough investigation on case per case basis instead of using their prerogative and arrogance to correct them. AS is their business and it's wise to create a friendly environment with your customers. However from time to time, as it is aboard an aircraft, you might need to get rid of some disruptive customers as they may create hazard to your business or other valued customers.  

If anything I celebrate here in this post, it is the responsible freedom of speech. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, people are discussing about a problem, chipping in their 0.02 and then the official team came up with firm conclusion. So I think everyone can leave the thread with some nice insight of the game. 

Last, I don't feel any obligation to offer anyone an apology. You can feel what ever you want to feel, I can feel what ever I want to feel. Also It would be an honor to be in the list if it's alive and well. Honestly, some threads can survive without your 0.02.

Enjoy the desserts, over to departure, good day!  -_-

Troll you, feed yourself.

deutsch / German

Ich wundere mich immer wieder, dass hier das Geschäftsmodell von einigen Spielern kritisiert wird. Ich beschwere mich auch nicht über die Spieler, die schnell die beste Strategie herausgefunden hatten sondern ich versuche hier eine Airline aufzubauen. Riem ist mein erster Server und ich musste nach 4 Wochen neu starten, weil ich einen Fehler gemacht hatte, Und ich starte jetzt bestimmt nicht noch einmal neu, nur weil ich kleine Flugzeuge betreibe, die übrigens alle im grünen Bereich fliegen und teilweise gut Profit abwerfen bis 1000 AS$ per Flug

Google translation

I am always amazed that there's business model has been criticized by some players. I also do not complain about the players who had quickly figured out the best strategy but I'm trying to build an airline. Riem is my first server and I had 4 weeks to restart because I had made a mistake, And I start now determined not over again, just because I operate small aircraft, by the way, all fly in the green area and partially good yield profit 1000 AS $ per flight

deutsch / German

übrigens, es gibt PAX, die möchten nicht nur von LHR nach JFK fliegen, sondern deren Endziel ist zum Beispiel ATC (Atlantic City), HYA (Hyannis) oder BGR (Bangor). Ich fliege diese Flughäfen von JFK mit LETs an. Dabei habe ich 4-6 Rundläufe pro Flughafen pro Tag. Alle Flüge sind zu 100% ausgelastet und zum größten Teil durch IL-Partner. Wenn diese LETs verboten werden, fehlen den Fernflügen einige PAX. Ihr könnt dann eure Fernflüge nicht mehr profitabel betreiben. 
Das solltet ihr auch mal bedenken.

Google translation

Incidentally, there is PAX, which want to fly not only from LHR to JFK, but their ultimate goal is as ATC (Atlantic City), HYA (Hyannis) or BGR (Bangor). I fly to these airports from JFK with LETs. And I have 4-6 round trips per airport per day. All flights are utilized at 100% and for the most part by IL-partner. If this Lets get banned, missing the long-haul flights, some PAX. You can then no longer operate profitably your long-haul flights.
That you should sometimes consider.

deutsch / German

oder die PAX müssen bis zu 2x umsteigen können, beim Abflug und beim Landen.
Zum Beispiel Greenbay - Milwaukee (Feeder-HUB) - Chicago O'Hare (long-haul HUB) und entsprechen auf der Zielseite

Google translation

or the PAX must up to 2x can change, at departure and during landing.
For example Greenbay - Milwaukee (feeder HUB) - Chicago O'Hare (long-haul HUB) and correspond to the landing page

deutsch / German

Eine weitere Idee wäre es, bei 4x Umstieg die Wartezeit auf insgesammt 12 oder 16 Stunden zu begrenzen, 3 oder 4 Stunden pro Umstieg, dies würde dann natürlich noch mehr die Abflugwellen an den Mega-Airports begünstigen. Dann würde auch keiner mehr am Mega-Airport über LET schimpfen, aber dann wären die ATR 72 und die Dash 8 wahrscheinlich der Kritikpunkt, anschließend die Embraer und CRJ bis die A318/A319 und die kleinen 737 bemängelt werden. Wenn es 4 mögliche Umsteiger geben würde wäre ich der erste, der JFK oder ORD zu gunsten eines anderen Airports als Feederport aufgeben würde

Google translation

Another idea would be to limit at 4x switch the waiting time for total of 12 or 16 hours, 3 or 4 hours per switch, this would of course still more favor the departure waves on the mega-airports. Then nobody would complain more on Mega-Airport on LET, but then the ATR 72 and Dash 8 would probably be the criticism, then the Embraer and CRJ are to the A318 / A319 and the 737 small faulted. If there were 4 possible Umsteiger I was the first one to JFK or ORD in favor of other airports would give up as a feeder port

deutsch / German

übrigens, es gibt PAX, die möchten nicht nur von LHR nach JFK fliegen, sondern deren Endziel ist zum Beispiel ATC (Atlantic City), HYA (Hyannis) oder BGR (Bangor). Ich fliege diese Flughäfen von JFK mit LETs an. Dabei habe ich 4-6 Rundläufe pro Flughafen pro Tag. Alle Flüge sind zu 100% ausgelastet und zum größten Teil durch IL-Partner. Wenn diese LETs verboten werden, fehlen den Fernflügen einige PAX. Ihr könnt dann eure Fernflüge nicht mehr profitabel betreiben.

Das solltet ihr auch mal bedenken.

Google translation

Incidentally, there is PAX, which want to fly not only from LHR to JFK, but their ultimate goal is as ATC (Atlantic City), HYA (Hyannis) or BGR (Bangor). I fly to these airports from JFK with LETs. And I have 4-6 round trips per airport per day. All flights are utilized at 100% and for the most part by IL-partner. If this Lets get banned, missing the long-haul flights, some PAX. You can then no longer operate profitably your long-haul flights.

That you should sometimes consider.

I run multiple daily flights to these destinations by 73G or 319. You don’t need LET’s , you need more network.

deutsch / German

Eine weitere Idee wäre es, bei 4x Umstieg die Wartezeit auf insgesammt 12 oder 16 Stunden zu begrenzen, 3 oder 4 Stunden pro Umstieg, dies würde dann natürlich noch mehr die Abflugwellen an den Mega-Airports begünstigen. Dann würde auch keiner mehr am Mega-Airport über LET schimpfen, aber dann wären die ATR 72 und die Dash 8 wahrscheinlich der Kritikpunkt, anschließend die Embraer und CRJ bis die A318/A319 und die kleinen 737 bemängelt werden. Wenn es 4 mögliche Umsteiger geben würde wäre ich der erste, der JFK oder ORD zu gunsten eines anderen Airports als Feederport aufgeben würde

Google translation

Another idea would be to limit at 4x switch the waiting time for total of 12 or 16 hours, 3 or 4 hours per switch, this would of course still more favor the departure waves on the mega-airports. Then nobody would complain more on Mega-Airport on LET, but then the ATR 72 and Dash 8 would probably be the criticism, then the Embraer and CRJ are to the A318 / A319 and the 737 small faulted. If there were 4 possible Umsteiger I was the first one to JFK or ORD in favor of other airports would give up as a feeder port

I don’t know if I understood correctly but if what you propose is to make 4 connections/flights in ORS (3 switches) instead of current 3 flights and to increase connection to on time to 12 or 16 hours, this would be so hard on servers that they might actually crash or come to the crawl. The current setup of 3 flights (2 switches) is the maximum the servers can bear, for now.

And you can successfully start hubs in any 7 bar airport, even in your country of choice. And there are 8 9 and even some 10 bar airports available with enough slots scattered across the game worlds if you look for them, and you can create big hubs there.

I run multiple daily flights to these destinations by 73G or 319. You don't need LET's , you need more network.

I need more money!  :)

I don't know if I understood correctly but if what you propose is to make 4 connections/flights in ORS (3 switches) instead of current 3 flights and to increase connection to on time to 12 or 16 hours, this would be so hard on servers that they might actually crash or come to the crawl. The current setup of 3 flights (2 switches) is the maximum the servers can bear, for now.

And you can successfully start hubs in any 7 bar airport, even in your country of choice. And there are 8 9 and even some 10 bar airports available with enough slots scattered across the game worlds if you look for them, and you can create big hubs there.

deutsch / German

Das dachte ich mir schon, dass die Server das nicht mitmachen.

Aber dann können ja auch die, die hier ständig nörgeln die 6 Balken oder höher Airports anfliegen. Wenn da genug PAX sind, haben Sie ja auch genügend PAX für zurück. Aber das gefällt denen natürlich auch nicht, da sie sich für etwas besseres halten, die nur 10 Balken Airports anfliegen,

Google translation

I thought you would know that the server does not participate. But then so can those who constantly nag here which serve 6 bar or higher Airports. If there are enough PAX, you have indeed enough for PAX back. But that of course does not like that too, because they think of themselves as something better, which serve only 10 bar Airports,