The AirlineSim Technology Demonstrator: A Q&A Thread

The issue then is exploitation. If they reveal the secrets of the connections, there will be gaps that don’t currently exist between the haves and the have nots in terms of knowledge and expansion possibilities.

It’s a good idea in theory. Would impo lead to some major issues in practice.

1. Will we see Codeshares become a thing or a more advanced version of Interlinings?
  2. Will we be able to make certain airlines get connections before others?
    Ex: Airline A owns airline B and both have an IL with airline C.
    Airline A flies ORD - HNL and both airline B and C fly HNL - OGG.
    Airline A wants people flying ORD - HNL - OGG to fly to connect on airline B before they fly on
    airline C.
  3. Will we see a change in the 2 stop policy for passengers? Especially with the addition of possible lower cost flying options.

Re 1.) Almost certainly not as part of the prototype, but it is something we’re keeping at the back of our minds in the design.

Re 2.) In some fashion and to some extend, I expect this to be possible. But can’t provide any specifics yet.

Re 3.) Likely yes. But also depends heavily on the technical prototyping we’re doing right now, to figure out what’s feasible technology-wise.

Looks like the development is going positive.

Is there any update on the progress? Can we still expect an Alpha/Beta state server with the ASTD to be opened in the coming 3 to 6 months? The last news is already from over 3 months ago and I’m sure that I am not the only one looking forward to this project/development.

2 Likes

So far, everything is going more or less as expected. We will continue in “stealth mode” as per our original announcement for a few more months. Between May and July I will be on parental leave for two months, during which we won’t see much (development) progress for obvious reasons, but my idea is to go into “open development” shortly after that.

That said, I feel like we might be able to provide some insight before that, maybe some time over the next few weeks, once the key aspects of the pathfinder have been completed.

2 Likes