The request of investigation of bankropt of Blue Planet Skyways

People , what you talking about ? Rescue loan ? My holding and my subs never had it . I had credits available up to 800 million dollars , maybe more . I had cash on both accounts of subs . The holding had zero everywhere but everybody have it and never had problems , the manual instructions never tell warning to keep money on holding's accounts. I did not do anything wrong !. And all this made "boom" in one moment !

I still think that it is fault of AS and my holding have to be returned to the game, I dont see anybody from AS here yet.

People , what you talking about ? Rescue loan ? My holding and my subs never had it . I had credits available up to 800 million dollars , maybe more . I had cash on both accounts of subs . The holding had zero everywhere but everybody have it and never had problems. And all this made "boom" in one moment !

I still think that it is fault of AS and my holding have to be returned to the game, I dont see anybody from AS here yet.

And there you have it.

Cash in the bank of subs does not matter if the holding company is in trouble. Holding company and subs have different accounting. There is nothing like a consolidated balance sheet in AirlineSim.

You say holding had zero money - there you have it. You most likely had automatic staff/pilot hiring turned on in comfort settings, and when you transferred aircraft, it hired the staff, for which you could not have paid the wages last Friday. No rescue loan because of "zero everywhere" in the holding. Liquidation followed.

Just tell me one thing: in your Californian operating airline, have you ever manually hired/assigned pilots?

No, not everybody has "zero everywhere" in the holding.

First of all, I would say majority of players, have holdings as operating airlines. Unless you plan to IPO an airline, why create a sub? I never do IPOes, so I play with holdings.

Second, even players that have holdings as only an investment vehicle rather than operating airline, do keep money there, many even have holding's bank account as the "main coffer" for the whole venture.

P.S. There is no way your holding will be "reinstated". Once liquidation goes through, there is nothing that can be done. All the data is lost. Almost all your slots in LAX are now gone and taken up by other players. You may be able to work out some other arrangements with AS management, but that is up to them. Do not expect any answer from AS management (not Team, they cannot make any kind of commitments or research) before Monday. Only two persons can give you a contundent asnwer - "sk" and "martin". You may want to try PM to "sk" and point him to this thread with a copied link.

As I said before : the manual of AS never tell recommendations to keep money at holding;s account , i never had the problem with zero at the holding for last 6 years. Even , you have no chance to transfer money from sub to holding , AS not expect it and it is wrong model because the owner have to able to transferring cash withing own subs or holding , it is normal practice in business model . What i did wrong that AS pull my game out of the road?

As explained, it’s not that you did something horrible, but you should always keep an eye on staffing, even with an empty holding. I am always checking my holding to prevent this kind of thing as too made this mistake once. Luckily it was a fairly new airline so I didn’t lose several months of hard work. I feel for ya, but stuff happens, lesson learned (the hard way)

You know you can transfer money from a sub to a holding, for as long as the sub is not listed on the stock exchange, don’t you?

You know you can transfer money from a sub to a holding, for as long as the sub is not listed on the stock exchange, don't you?

There was something in the initial post about having purchased majority interest in a failing airline, which implies some stock market involvement, but I’m not entirely sure of what’s going on.

It's ridiculous that a rich company with millions in assets (including investments) can go bankrupt because they failed to pay $10.000 in wages, when they could easily use some of those assets as collateral to avoid bankrupting the entire company. Not to mention the current loan system can be abused by players to get loans they otherwise would not be granted.

If a company cannot pay the wages, the game should remove some of its assets (like sell a plane or cancel a lease, or if there are no planes, liquidate a subsidiary) to cover the losses, not bankrupt the entire company and destroy years of hard work because of a slight miscalculation. A company with millions in assets should not go bankrupt for failing to pay $10.000, this is just absurd.

I absolutely love the game, but this is just one of those instances where I just have to facepalm and wonder "how the hell could anyone possibly think this system was a good idea?".

I just reopen Blue Planet Skyways and sub ANGELES Airways at LAX airport . I expect from AS team to return 955 million AS dollars to my account of ANGELES Airways as relief of this loss . I had this money before the crash of my holding and i expect to return it.

As I said before : the manual of AS never tell recommendations to keep money at holding;s account , i never had the problem with zero at the holding for last 6 years. Even , you have no chance to transfer money from sub to holding , AS not expect it and it is wrong model because the owner have to able to transferring cash withing own subs or holding , it is normal practice in business model . What i did wrong that AS pull my game out of the road?

There is no official manual of AirlineSim. Is there a game that actually has a manual? If there is I will not play it as I find it very boring to know what to do and what to not do.

I just reopen Blue Planet Skyways and sub ANGELES Airways at LAX airport . I expect from AS team to return 955 million AS dollars to my account of ANGELES Airways as relief of this loss . I had this money before the crash of my holding and i expect to return it.

I myself took a look at the case and I can confirm that from what evidence you have stated that the conclusion rubiohiguey2000 made is correct.

Personally I love fishing and I do compete in fishing. If I am one fish under being first place and I catch that fish but I do not hook it correctly and I lose it. Then I can not go to the referee and expect him to give me the first place, the trophy and the money (usually for first place it is around 1500$). I lost because I made a mistake. I did either not use the correct hook or my actions I took to hook the fish were too fast or too slow. If you make mistakes it will affect you and you can not expect the mistakes to just be erased.

I can imagine it is very hard to loose and airline in which you have put so much time into but in the other end it was you who made the mistake.

1 Like

This game is not minefield and not your fishing - it is airline business management simulator.....SUMULATOR!

This game is not minefield and not your fishing - it is airline business management simulator.....SUMULATOR!

I know what AirlineSim is and I know how to play it. As I said I can imagine how sad and upset you might but please do not be rude. Being rude will not help you in any way.

I know AirlineSim is not fishing as fishing is a lot harder and more complicated.

It's ridiculous that a rich company with millions in assets (including investments) can go bankrupt because they failed to pay $10.000 in wages, when they could easily use some of those assets as collateral to avoid bankrupting the entire company. Not to mention the current loan system can be abused by players to get loans they otherwise would not be granted.

If a company cannot pay the wages, the game should remove some of its assets (like sell a plane or cancel a lease, or if there are no planes, liquidate a subsidiary) to cover the losses, not bankrupt the entire company and destroy years of hard work because of a slight miscalculation. A company with millions in assets should not go bankrupt for failing to pay $10.000, this is just absurd.

I absolutely love the game, but this is just one of those instances where I just have to facepalm and wonder "how the hell could anyone possibly think this system was a good idea?".

ThankYou for understanding my problem and support.

You know you can transfer money from a sub to a holding, for as long as the sub is not listed on the stock exchange, don't you?

Wait... what? Do you mean transferring cash (not assets) between non-listed holdings? How?

Wait... what? Do you mean transferring cash (not assets) between non-listed holdings? How?

Transfer a fully owned aircraft without compensation and then sell it back for full value. You have just transferred cash equal to the amount of the aircraft’s value.

Transfer a fully owned aircraft without compensation and then sell it back for full value. You have just transferred cash equal to the amount of the aircraft's value.

It is not normal? = is it understandable that it looks like russian business landring money? ....lol . You have to able just to transfer money from A TO B within your "empire" .

I myself took a look at the case and I can confirm that from what evidence you have stated that the conclusion rubiohiguey2000 made is correct.

Personally I love fishing and I do compete in fishing. If I am one fish under being first place and I catch that fish but I do not hook it correctly and I lose it. Then I can not go to the referee and expect him to give me the first place, the trophy and the money (usually for first place it is around 1500$). I lost because I made a mistake. I did either not use the correct hook or my actions I took to hook the fish were too fast or too slow. If you make mistakes it will affect you and you can not expect the mistakes to just be erased.

I can imagine it is very hard to loose and airline in which you have put so much time into but in the other end it was you who made the mistake.

But if you make a mistake and miss 1 fish, you just lose that fish, you don't suddenly lose every fish that you've caught for the last 5 years because of miscalculating that one fish. In AS this is what happens, just one miscalculation and you can lose years of hard work because of an arbitrary coding decision that's just ridiculous. Have you ever seen a RL airline with millions in assets go bankrupt because at some point their liquid capital happened to be slightly lower than their wage bill? No, I didn't think so.

But "bobb" going by your own words, you suggested "selling off a plane, or liquidating subsidiary" ... well in case of the OP, that would mean liquidating his subsidiary, which was his main airline, along with everything, he would still lose everything but would have some money in the bank still. But how is this more realistic "compared to real life" (as your own words say) than just complete liquidation? A real life airline would not be liquidated if a majority shareholder could not pay his 3 secretaries one week, right? You actually entrapped yourself with your own words and suggestions :)

But I agree, it is not logical to liquidate the whole holding because of such silly mistake. In the light of this situation, it might be optimal to hard-code one "confirmed" rescue loan with in-game message. If the player then does not pay attention to that, well, then ...

Hi,

if the bankruptcy was caused by the system automatically hiring fleet staff behind your back, it is indeed stupid.

And by the way George, this hasn't got anything to do with comfort settings. I have a subsidiary that leases aircraft. Every time someone ends a leasing contract, the system automatically hires fleet staff. You get a message that airline X has ended the leasing contract. But the plane may well be returned several days later. If you don't check the subsidiary that day, you end up with unwanted staff. I must have paid  millions by now, to fire staff that I never hired in the first place.

It has come to the stage that - if I have surplus aircraft - I put them up for sale at 100%. If someone actually wants to pay 105% of the value, they can have the plane. For the rest these planes are only a nuisance for people who are looking for a second hand plane. But at least I don't have to pay salaries for staff I don't need and don't want.

It is a problem that could easily be solved. No fleet staff needed if the planes have no seats.

Anyway, I don't think this problem is mentioned somewhere in the wiki. And if it happened to me, I would be more than annoyed.

Jan

Comfort setings hire pilots.

Fleet management does not get hired when the aircraft hits the enterprise, butrather a) at week end closing; b ) when you go into personnel management.

If you receive an aircraft back from lease and put it back on market, without going to personnel management, no fleet management & administration staff will be hired