Trouble starting international flights

Hello everyone,

Firstly, I’ve searched through the forum and didn’t find a good answer, that’s why I’m posting it right now.

I have a good and solid schedule during the whole day to many cities from Rio (GIG) which runs quite fine. Every time I launch a national flight with a good demand, bookings go very well and pack up the plane. But then, I decided to start flying to SCL, Made and interline with it’s main airline and I can only fill up my plane with cargo. Not even reducing by half of the standard price is letting me fill the plane up with passengers and I have zero competition on this particular route. The ratings of cabin service and seats are high and stuff. What could it be?

I’m Carioca Airlines and playing in Yeager.

Thanks in advance for every answer.

Really? You couldn’t find anything?

You have 430 uncoordinated departures per week. That is why you can not fill those flights. Also, there is never zero competition

What I mean by zero competition was no other direct flights than mine.

What do you mean by 430 uncoordinated departures? My flight to SCL departs after 95% of my national ones arrive and return before every single one of them depart… Even at the scheduling page, shows that it gets plenty of connections… But even though, i cannot get my Economy Class full.

I am not playing on Yeager but I had a look into your fleet.

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://yeager.airlinesim.aero/action/enterprise/aircraftsType?id=14300'>Boeing 757-200</a>

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

<p>C24Y174</p>

You are flying with standard seats, aren't you? What says your ORS rating?

Nope. 24 Recliner Short-Haul and 174 Leisure. ORS gives me three greens on eco and two in biz class. If wasn’t the fact that the plane is a bit old, would be better.

Ok. Leisure is not good but anyhow. Your choice. :-)

ORS rating is not 3 greens or 2. You have to hoover over the green bars and then you can see your rating. How to do this is explained in some tutorials (and also here in the forum).

When have you scheduled the flight? Activation immediately?

EDIT:

I found it out myself. 99 rating, that is very good indeed.

Now we need to know when you have scheduled that flight please.

Really? You couldn't find anything?

You have 430 uncoordinated departures per week. That is why you can not fill those flights. Also, there is never zero competition

What yukawa wanted to say is that you have not enough connections and flights in Brasil. Keep on scheduling domestic flights and nothing else. With 2500 departures from one hub you should be well prepared for international flights.

Yep. I always put it to start straight away. With a low budget, it isn’t good to waste time. But on domestic flights it’s not a problem… And shouldn’t be on GIG-SCL also, since is a short international flight… Also because the demand for both places is enormous.

Besides, if I had placed the leisure plus seats on it, I would loose much more space than with normal leisure seats… And I don’t want that for now.

Well, I guessed that with 790 flights per week was enough to handle inter flights… But thanks for the tip

Well, you can use any seats of course. But if you have read the forum and watched some tutorials, you would know what passengers in AS are looking for.

Luxury. Not leisure.

Less seats does not mean that you loose money by the way. If you offer better and good seats, you can also charge more for the tickets.

Playing in Brazil you don't want to think about international flights for a long while. The domestic market is enormous and GIG is reasonably well-placed for domestic connections (north<->south). Played there for a little bit, had more than 2000 weekly departures in GIG before scheduling the first international flight.

Actually, I found that GIG-Portugal worked better than GIG-SCL. Intra-South America (except domestic) can be a bit iffy.

Which is also kinda strange because market intra-south america is way stronger than transcontinental flights. The only ever exceptions are flights to Miami and Portugal, that seems also to be always with a very good demand indeed.

So, as I could see from your comments, the game also have some kind of “overlook” of potentials between countries? That’s rather interesting… And quite disapointing if you ask me. But… nevertheless, it’s very good to learn with more experienced players. Thank you very much again.

So, as I could see from your comments, the game also have some kind of "overlook" of potentials between countries?

not sure what you mean by that. could you, please, elaborate?

He asks if AS is possibly simulating traffic flows within South America incorrectly…

I would like to suggest that you fly domestic for another couple of hundred flights and then you can try again to fly internationally. I started to fly to SCL not before having 500 planes flying domestic. Only exception: Portugal and Spain.

Well, I guessed that with 790 flights per week was enough to handle inter flights… .

The number of weekly flights - stand alone - is a really poor indicator.

The question is more like: "when do those flights leave? Do they leave in waves? Are feeders arriving in time (waves) and from proper headings?

Worst case scenario: 790/week (daily, short to medium distance) spread throughout the day with a 50% chance of proper heading leaves you with much less ORS relevant connections than a well organized schedule with far below 100 weekly flights.

Looking at your schedule, I can hardly find any suitable feeder for your 1700h departure to SCL.