Tuesday, December 6th 2011

Other than dealing with a broken server today, I did some work on an often requested feature: airline route maps.

They are not quite production ready yet, but I guess a limited version might go online by tomorrow. For now, the system simply renders all routes an airline currently operates (as in "activated flight assignments") based on the existing system to display single airports or routes. I will probably extend it with some basic range filters to avoid the maps getting too crowded.

But for now it looks something like this:

network.png

And something new from the Airport Data Review. This time India is updated and the airports are separated into the 28 States and 7 Union Territories.

Additional to this categorisation, the following changes were done:

ICAO Code added/fixed for Aizawl, Belgaum, Hubli and Nashik

Position fixed for: Agartala, Agatti Island, Aizawl, Amritsar, Aurangabad, Bengaluru, Dharamsala, Hubli, Hyderabad, Shillong, Kullu and Shimla

Airport size changed: Bhuj

Jetways added at Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Mumbai, Kochi, Coimbatore, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Chenai, Madurai, Mangalore, Nagpur, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Tiruchirapally, Udaipur and Vishakhapatnam

Slot, runways length, passenger and cargo numbers updated for almost all airports.

With updating India, I now leave middle east and will continue updating airports in South America next. The updated airport data will find their way into the game somewhen next few weeks.

C’mon girls! AFRICA … A - F - R - I - C - A! :D

Well, Africa will follow South America and afterwards Oceania, East Asia, Europe and North America ;)

But I forgot to mention that there are also some new airports in India:

Rajahmundry (RJA)

Mysore (MYQ)

Nanded (NDC)

Tuticorun (TCR)

Patnagar (PGH)

And the first south american countries/territories:

Bolivia

Cochabamba (CBB): slots/ passenger and cargo number fixed

Guayaramerin (GYA): position/runway length fixed

La Paz (LPB): slots fixed, jetways added

Puerto Suarez (PSZ): ICAO Code fixed

Riberalta (RIB): runway length fixed

Rurrenabaque (RBQ): runway length fixed

Santa Cruz (VVI): passenger/cargo number updated

Sucre (SRE): Slots/runway length fixed

Tarija (TJA): Slots fixed

Trinidad, BO (TDD): runway length fixed

Yacuiba (BYC): runway length fixed

New Airports: San Borja (SRJ) and Santa Ana del Yacuma (SBL)

French Guyana

Cayenne (CAY) - ICAO Code added, slots fixed, jetways added, new passenger/cargo numbers

Maripasoula (MPY) - ICAO Code added, passenger number updated

Saul (XAU) - ICAO Code added, passenger number updated

St. Georges (OXP) - IATA Code fixed, ICAO Code added

New Airport: St. Laurent du Maroni (LDX)

Falkland Islands

Mount Pleasant (MPN) - ICAO Code added

Mew Airport: Port Stanley (PSY)

Guyana

Georgetown (GEO): Slots fixed

New Airport: Kaieteur (KAI)

Paraguay

Ciudad del Este (AGT) Slots/Passenger number fixed

Uruguay

Montevideo (MVD): Jetways added

Punta del Este (PDP): ICAO Code/Slots fixed

All passenger/cargo number updated

New Airports: Rivera (RVY) and Salto (STY)

… and I was about to complain that there are no new Airports for India…

Thank you especially for adding the airport of my Hometown Mysore . I was waiting for this day to come!

Wird HKG wieder nach China integriert, oder ist das nicht geplant? Denn theoretisch gehört HKG nun zu China. Also müsste man auch die vollen passargier rechte in China besitzen…

Not sure at the moment ;)

Hong Kong and Macao are designated Special Administrative Regions of the PRC and thus the CAAC does not control their regions. These airports are considered ‘special domestic’ and are controlled by their respective goverments so mainland carrieers are considered as ‘foreign’.

Did i miss something? I don’t see the new airports in south america on kaitak…

They have just been researched so far. It will need a data patch to actually add them to the live servers.

… and please note, Mexico is officially part of NORTH America, not central America

:rolleyes:

Map thing is cool!

<br /><br /><br />

yeah, i like it too