Unfair Player Behavior

Yeah I agree completely. Happens also on Yeager nowdays. A subsidiary in Papua New Guinea of an airline in India is doing it very agressivly. Waiting untill starts to bid and then going up with the bids till either the original bidder has to take the plane far more expensive than under “normal” fair conditions expected. Its absolutely legaly to bid with others, thats the game but its not fair just bidding and getting planes to park them (huge amounts) not using them. I still dont get a clue what the final aim is of this behaviour.

usually, the point of bidding on aircraft that aggressively is to not have to wait for them to be made the time they do, or to lock lower prices out of others. It has a downside though; one has a higher cost of aircraft per flight, which can reduce profitability especially in competitive or low demand scenarios where the plane isn’t necessarily flying full and or at full price…

I’ve noticed this just recently on the Otto server with a chronically online player opening up a new station and trying to destroy my hub and base of operations. Trying to report to AS support but waiting to hear back still. Really ruins it and encourages I take my time and effort elsewhere.

Can you please describe what should be wrong to open stations and compete with another airline? That is what is Airlinesim about! Find a good strategy and be better than the other airline!
If you need further hints, write me a pm. But don’t try to contact support for this. There is nothing wrong with it.

2 Likes

Fairly certain this player is using an unfair tactic to gain more aircraft and/or cash. Hoping support will be able to explain why their airline has been around for less time and has triple the aircraft.

How do you want to know that?

Look man. I’ve been playing this game for seven years. I’ve chosen to remain higher than your mud slinging for the last few days, but it’s getting ridiculous. My hubs are carefully banked. I know most of the profitable route combos and strategies for the US west coast and Hawaii. I order seven different aircraft types from nine different production lines to maximize the frequency of aircraft deliveries. My connections are timed with my widebody aircraft to fill every plane up. And I check my prices and load factors daily.

I can’t say the same for your hub scheduling strategy (mostly unbanked), your aircraft ordering strategy (none on order at the time of writing), the routes you choose to fly, the aircraft types you operate (nine, which vastly increases your maintenance cost). You just joined the forum a day ago with the sole purpose of complaining to the community about me. Welcome to the community I guess!

My tactics aren’t “unfair”. They’re just better than yours. Since when has it been a crime to be a better player?

3 Likes

I already thought that you are the competitor. It is ridiculous, indeed.

1 Like

Really quite comical that I’m even entertaining this rather than just using a competitors product, but here I am.

I may have recently joined the forums, but I’ve been off and on AS for the same if not longer than you. I’ve seen how it’s progressed. We’re what, 9+ months into the server, and I am HQed and based in EWR. You all the sudden selected EWR? And to your false information, my EWR hub is mostly banked. Haven’t had an issue thus far! But if that’s how you want to play (not better, for the record), I’ll make a note of that. Lol, better. You’re funnier.

So is it wrong to open a station and compete with other players?

Never once stated that - simple fact is that is in incomprehensible how you are ordering new aircraft at such a rate. I would have to imagine that there is something else affecting this operation (lease buybacks, system glitches, etc.) resulting in such a scenario. Besides, it’s pretty lacking creativity wise when 95% of your routes are to otherwise lesser known places that you just copy and paste off of my network.

You are really ridiculous. Hopefully you can proof what you are writing here.

Would love to get in contact with someone at AS to dig deeper into it! And no my name isn’t ridiculous, but you have a good one!

No public accusations of individual players on the forums (or any public channel!), please!

If you have reported a user you think is acting against the rules, we will look into it. No need to shame anyone publicly on top…especially because it makes you look bad if the allegations turn out to be false…

2 Likes

Did anybody say that your name is ridiculous? No.
By the way - if you accuse an airline with 700 planes to play unfair and false, what about an airline with 2000 planes? Does he also play unfair?

1 Like

What makes you so sure that things can’t go right when someone is playing more successfully than you?

3 Likes

Unfortunately for you, if you wish to shield yourself from the competition, you do not choose a 9-bar airport (10 in cargo), in the US market no less, as a hub, and expect it to remain exclusive on the pure grounds of friendliness. No matter how many departures, etc you may forge. If you claim to be in the game for as long as you do, you would most certainly know this; if you want to avoid competition, you have to take active measures to protect yourself; #1 is not playing in the US or EU…

Besides, it’s pretty lacking creativity wise when 95% of your routes are to otherwise lesser known places that you just copy and paste off of my network.

I will give you some sympathy here - if it is a copy-paste of networks. (This is not technically illegal, but from my view distasteful). There’s one guy doing it now on me, and very much scheduling them very close to my waves in the same hub, slashing the prices… trying to get the pax from the few IL partners we have in common. I’ll not name them here, but they know exactly who they are. They take advantage of my lack of time for the game (at least when compared to them). But the only thing you can do is fight or flight. No one will come to save you or anything of this sort. But then again, what is a copy-paste of networks, and what is just connecting the big cities and demand bases or the small cities to the “convenient” hub? That is another “invisible ink” line.

3 Likes

Hi, If you want to be “onlyone” at your homebase.
I advise you must choose small sized airport(3 bar to 5 bar) to start.

I completely agree with the thread starter. For almost all of the features provide by AS, many of us expecting real Airline Managing Sim. Even with some small details like the pilot could be trained instantly or maybe ground connection that almost no effect to a flight, we still accept that, right?

But, a player that has every flight from a city, using huge amount of aircrafts (ex:200+ aircrafts, all of them are leased), set up a domestic route every single hour for waves that maximize connections, are simply unfair. Where could you find an airline flying from A to B (500 km) every hour with some narrow body aircrafts with 100+ seats/aircraft offered? Sounds like a bus transport company. In my country for example, there is no domestic flight after midnight, except a stopover flight for the international one.

Whose do that thing, will grow bigger much faster in AS, blocking slots, eat huge amount of passengers, and much more. I’d choose to compete with 15 players in a country rather than a guy doing that things which frustating many of us. Because the one guy do that thing, will be the sole player in a country in some shorts time. I hope AS will fix that, for example limiting the aircraft that a company could lease.

Check GMP-CJU. At least 1 flight per hour for many airlines.
FRA-MUC nearly every hour 1 flight possible.
I could find many more routes which are very crowded.

I believe that your suggestion to limit aircraft number per company is nonsense.

2 Likes