USA to Canada traffic

Server Aspern

USA to Canada traffic is sucks...

I was try fly from

LA (ONT) to Vancouver (A321) and plane make losses only 40% sold

LA (ONT) to Toronto with (A321) and even 787 (long flight seats - low price and superb service) and same only 40%

even try fly to Winnipeg to Alliance partner HUB, still i can't get more then 40%

They are only one flight per day (so is not overbooking and there no competition on same line, I was only one)

I don't understand what happening with Canada....

traffic between the US and Canada is highly based on connection pax.

you have a very small feeder network and operate out of a hub with a limited demand itself.

also, you might be the only one operating a direct flight from Ontario, California to Canadien cities, but north america is a highy competitive market and there are dozens of not hundreds of other carrier offering flights from your destinations to Canada and vice versa.

You should focus on the US.

Also, I believe your carrier to be way to small to consider a/cs the size of a 788.

I hardly ever run USA-Canada routes unless I have a large network of feeders and a good IL partner on the other side. With those two things, you can pretty much command any USA-Canada route.

I have tried those routes as well but they never worked for me .... as for now If you have a good hub running try and use depending on the distance Airports in Canada and fly dash8 and max CRJ ..... once the load is good you may also use EJets .... but that is almost the max ....

But its stupid to send Q400 on 2000 km route ... <_<

And last option is A318 maybe

But Vancouver and Toronto are big airports in big city's...

in RL Zagreb (ZAG) in Croatia is city with pop of 1 mil.

ZAG airport have now 2 mil passengers per year, with plan to 5 mil in next 3 years

So ratio is

1:5

And when put this numbers on Canada big city's you got what?

This is weird how to find right route.  :blink: 

Well, a quick glance at wikipedia shows that Toronto Pearson doesn't really have any flights further west in the USA than Dallas. There are no flights listed for Denver, one of the USA's biggest airports. Most all the flights are to Canada, the Caribbean, and Europe. Any US flights are in the eastern half, and most seem to go to Chicago O'Hare, Detroit, Charlotte, and New York.

Well, a quick glance at wikipedia shows that Toronto Pearson doesn't really have any flights further west in the USA than Dallas. There are no flights listed for Denver, one of the USA's biggest airports. Most all the flights are to Canada, the Caribbean, and Europe. Any US flights are in the eastern half, and most seem to go to Chicago O'Hare, Detroit, Charlotte, and New York.

There are non-stop flights to LAX/SFO/SAN, as well as DEN and PHX.

This is not true as stated by Kenmuir. They do have non-stop flights from Montreal and Toronto to SFO, LAX, SAN, DEN, and PHX. All these cities are major cities on the west coast of the US. The only one not listed is Seattle which I need to check on but i'm sure they do since Canada is right there and Seattle is a major US City and one of the fastest growing.

Must have missed it.