Via flights from SIN

I am a SIN airline called Voyage Eastern. I know this has been asked so many times but I will ask it as I don't full understand. 

If I want to do SIN-JNB-GIG will passenegers connect on to the second leg from SIN. (I will use the same plane) So passenegers are connecting.

This happens with Singapore Airlines in the case of SIN-FRA-JFK.  Or Qantas QF1 LHR-DXB-SYD and back.

If not why couldn't we ask for a contract for a flight to and from a destinations. It will cost so and so but we will have traffic rights. From JNB-GIG in my example so both flights are the same.

Hi,

in your example you have full traffic rights for SIN-JNB, but not for JNB-GIG, so you will only be able to sell tickets on the JNB-GIG flight to passengers who are departing in SIN. Traffic rights are a very complex issue, so they can't be 100% modeled, as there are many exeptions and special rules etc. The idea you are suggesting(pay to have traffic rights) would have a big influence on the balancing of the simulation. When a server gets older usually there are some big airlines which dominate their home markets. If you could buy traffic rights those airlines would be able to take over the traffic in the whole server (usually they are so big that money is not an issue for them), leving no possibilities for new players to start. You already see this effect on countries which have unrestricted market access. So while the current situation is not perfect it is the best solution which is possible unless you want to implement the very complex traffic rights we have in real life - and I think the effort required is not justified for the result...

well in RL companies overrules this restriction with contracts

example Atlanta (USA) - Zurich (CH)

when aircraft flight from Atlanta to Zurich it's "Swiss Air"

when fly from Zurich to Atlanta its "Delta", same airplane and same crew

I don't really get your example...because in this situation both Delta and Swiss have traffic rights for the route, and for the connecting passengers its no issue either, because you could book f.e. ZRH-ATL-LAS on Swiss(usually an other airline will be operating ATL-LAS under a codeshare/interline agreement, but in theory they could also operate the route by themselves, but if they did they could only book passengers connecting onto this flight from Switzerland), but Swiss can't offer the route ATL-LAS to direct passengers without the ZRH-ATL segment.

And what you are refering to is codeshare, i.e. the flight is operated by one airline, but an other airline sells seats on this flight (often assinging an own flightnumber to the flight) to their passengers to give them a possibility to connect onto this flight. You can sign an Interlining Agreement with an other airline which will result in this effect.

I am a SIN airline called Voyage Eastern. I know this has been asked so many times but I will ask it as I don't full understand. 

If I want to do SIN-JNB-GIG will passenegers connect on to the second leg from SIN. (I will use the same plane) So passenegers are connecting.

This happens with Singapore Airlines in the case of SIN-FRA-JFK.  Or Qantas QF1 LHR-DXB-SYD and back.

If not why couldn't we ask for a contract for a flight to and from a destinations. It will cost so and so but we will have traffic rights. From JNB-GIG in my example so both flights are the same.

We have discussed this in Suggestions and Ideas as well last year perhaps. But as duoflyer correctly pointed out, it is difficult to implement. Many airlines are doing via flights even now with fifth freedom rights. Some that I can think of offhand include Jet Airways (India-Brussels-Toronto), PIA (Pakistan-Barcelona-Chicago till recently or Pakistan-Istanbul-Amsterdam). It is a really tempting option but difficult to simulate. 

In my experience, if there is no direct flight on an ultra long haul route, and you do a one-stop via a one bar or no bar airport, it may work. As there is no direct option, and as its a no bar airport so there is no demand, passengers would "stay on the plane" and with refueling done, continue on. I tried it on Stapleton and it worked for some routes. Used a 737-900ER. Worth experimenting with :) Use maps to help you choose a tech-stop airport and then check its demand in-game. If you choose a tech-stop with a higher demand, what will most likely happen is, passengers will get off at that tech-stop and the vacated seat will fly empty to the destination, as you don't have rights to pick passengers for the second leg. To fly to GIG from SIN, I would look at a possible tech-stop in Africa that has the desired runway length but zero bars for traffic. 

Are there zero bars airports? I tried this approach finding low demand airport that could accommodate 739er but the lowest I could find were one bar airports.

Are there zero bars airports? I tried this approach finding low demand airport that could accommodate 739er but the lowest I could find were one bar airports.

Yes. Look at BZZ or FAB, there are many more.