When will the airport data be updated? Will Beijing Daxing airport be added to the game?

When will the airport data be updated? Will Beijing Daxing airport be added to the game?

As announced in the new post “starting into 2020” we’re currently working on an airport data patch, which will add many new airports, also including Daxing airport.

Any ETA when this patch will be ready?

Will this be including demand updates, like demand bar changes?

It’s a pity that due to the Coronavirus outbreak, it’ll probably take a long time to obtain un-distorted demand data for Daxing Airport.

The CAAC releases its official airport passenger and cargo figures in a nice spreadsheet at the end of April. Provisional figures for Daxing showed it handled 3 million passengrs in its first 3 months. In the first month only China United flights took place. A lot more flights were due to start on Jan 1. I believe that the estimates for 2020 was for 25-30 million passengers. I expect a 7 bars for passengers.
The opening of the new Qingdao airport doesn’t seem to have happened. It was due to open in November but has still not happened. It will takeover the TAO code
The new runway and terminal for Haikou should have occurred in mid December. Still nothing on this.
The new Chengdu Tianfu airport is on schedule for a 2021 opening. This will be the new main airport for Chengdu and the existing airport will remain open. The code will be TFU
The new Dalian airport will hopefully open in 2021. This will be the worlds largest off shore airport. It will take over the DLC code.

The new Dalian airport has a long way to go. I’ll say 2025 at least.

This patch was announced for the first quarter of 2020. Will it happen in time? It would be my birthday wish… A patch as my present…

1 Like

That was the plan, but the patch is getting bigger than we thought and we just ran out of time. We’ve identified more than 400 additions and changes and we’ll still need more time for those. I don’t think just cutting of some of those only to release something earlier would have been a good idea, we’ll rather invest some more time for a complete patch. I’m hoping for a release end of April.

Thanks for your answer, Spezialist.
StayHome!