Why is my company being reported?

Does anyone have an idea, why is my company being reported? For long time, a month at least, I guess...

Sakura Jet Services/Quimby

I didn't do anything wrong against game rules, as I know. I only declined some interlining offers, as I'm proud member of "anti slot-blocking league" :) .

If I understand correctly, one has to fill in the "Reason" field when reporting an airline. If I understand your posting correctly, you have no clue why your airline is being reported (and to me - your airline looks ok). 

That is an uncomfortable situation. If one is being accused of cheating, then at least AS should give him a reason (i.e. transmit the "Reason" field) so the accused player knows why he is being reported.

Maybe someone does just not likes you or your airline, or there is something wrong with the name. Personally I have been reported many times where only 2 of them were "against the rules" because of "issues" with my name. I have also been reported and accused of multi accounting which made me create this post explaining my usernames even though Martin had asked me regarding this a long time ago and was fully aware of the issue.

From my perspective your airline is "clean".

The same here, someone reported me recently and i can not guess why. If the affected player would see the entered reason would be a good feature.

Why would it be a good feature? Surely it would just cause more arguments?

The current system of report > admin review works well. If admin deem that it is a report with no substance then it is deleted. If there is substance then it goes to UAB or the player is asked to write a defence.

The other point to make is that the majority of reports are from new players that misunderstand rules, therefore it would be a total waste to create hard feelings by showing why you’ve been reported

Why would it be a good feature? Surely it would just cause more arguments?

Trying to avoid arguments by hiding the reason why a player is being reported is a flawed concept of oppressive governments. This means that you are afraid that the incriminated player could try to defend/justify his actions. If police knock on your door, because a neighbor has reported you, they will tell you why they knock on your door.

The current system of report > admin review works well. If admin deem that it is a report with no substance then it is deleted. If there is substance then it goes to UAB or the player is asked to write a defence.

I never mentioned that there shouldn't be an admin review. What makes you say this?

I merely stated that - for the sake of transparency - the "Reason" field should be communicated to the respective player. That is called transparency and "best practice".

All other processes you mention - and which I don't know - can remain in place. 

The other point to make is that the majority of reports are from new players that misunderstand rules, therefore it would be a total waste to create hard feelings by showing why you've been reported

Trust me. If you are being reported without being told as to why, then this creates hard feelings (or - as I said in my posting: It puts the blamed player in an uncomfortable position).

It really upsets my sense of justice, how someone can twist the obvious need for transparency in this process into a "total waste to create hard feelings" argument.

There is clearly not an obvious need for transparency as it is a system that has worked. Remember this is a game and not real life, comparing this to governments is not really applicable.

So you feel hard feelings not knowing what you have been accused of? How will your feelings be if you knew WHO and WHY you’ve been reported? What would you do as well? Message player? Open forum posts complaining? Email admin? Report the player that reported you?

By having it transparent as you say you would pre-empt the admin process and therefore make it more difficult for admin and thereby cause a higher use on resources?

You use the example of police knocking on your door. If i rang the police and complained that you were mowing your lawn and I believed that was illegal, do you think they would still waste their and your time knocking on your door?

I made the comparison to real life, because behind the accused player is a real human. If your rationale is, that because it is a game it is OK to display a company/player as "being reported" without the player knowing why (to avoid potential admin overhead), then so be it. We're at opposite ends of the ethical spectrum.

A person could be informed of the reason for a report without having to be told who reported them. I would rather know why myself, perhaps I would know how to fix the problem. I don’t really care who reported the problem. Just a thought…

Don't worry if your airline get reported, just consider your airline is kinda celebrity airline with some haters in addition to your millions fans.

I once get reported by airline watchdog, my sub is illegitimately accused of slots-blocking, my whole airline got reported.

The admin contact me, I cleared the issue, but he left my airline with the "has been reported" status.

You can't prevent some lunatic watchdog from other game-world keep reporting your legitimate airline once he see the button is available.

So instead of having 9 reports created after the team delete 9 illegitimate reports, he let my airline in "has been reported" status.

I once tell them, can I pay to have customized text "This airline has been reported and you can't report it again, mwahahaha.. :p"

Sadly no, lol. 

So yeah, totally unnecessary to know the reason of being reported, if it legitimate, the team will kindly contact you, and you can explain.

Don't worry if your airline get reported

So yeah, totally unnecessary to know the reason of being reported, if it legitimate, the team will kindly contact you, and you can explain.

I do worry what's wrong, because I don't want to be in the same group like ZXP Airlines, which fly there and back 20 miles from one Beijing airport to another - as was posted here by another user.

I asked Support concerning this topic on May 6th. Eleven days are gone and I didn't receive anything except one automatic generated message.

My company is being reported for more than a month. I don't care, by whom I was reported. I want to know reason - if I did something wrong. If the reason is not legitimate, OK, but let them immediately take this mark off me.

I know, that my nation is not so welcomed here. I have last 6 credits on my account. I will not buy another, until I find here clear explanation by Support, what is going on. And I do not care, that Quimby is temporary world - I pay the same 4 credits per day like everybody else in long-term worlds.

I know, that my nation is not so welcomed here.

What? If you anytime feel that your nation is insulted or discriminated please contact someone directly or contact me and I will make sure that it this gets to the right people because insulting a country on an international community is NOT TOLERATED

Hi,

maybe I am ignorant, but I know of no nation that is frowned upon here. Well, unless if you live in the ISIS/Daesh Caliphate perhaps  ;-)

But I think you do have a point. It isn't nice that everybody who reads your information page wonders what on earth you have done wrong. If I may use the same comparison to real life: I would not care if a neighbour called the cops to tell them that I did not remove the weeds between the times in front of my house or to tell them he thinks I killed my mother in law. But I would hate it if suddenly a sign appeared on my front door saying "this person is under investigation".

Mind you, in this game I wouldn't even care if I did see that someone had reported my airline. But that is a personal thing. I can imagine that some players hate it when everybody can see they are under investigation.

And if the "you have been reported" sign has been there for a month, it says more about the efficiency of the team than it says about Ula  ;-)

@ Ula

Don't worry about it. It is probably something silly. I guess many reports come from people with too much time. I have played the game for 6 years now, and I have never felt the need to report an airline.

Jan

IMO it should be either

- you get a message when you're reported, stating the reason given by the reporting player and an explanation that the team will investigate

or

- you don't get a message when you're reported. The team will investigate and get in touch if they find anything substantial. If they don't act on it you never find out that you were reported.

Telling players "we are investigating you but we aren't telling you why" doesn't seem like the fairest way of going about this to me.

(I have no skin in this game - haven't been reported so far...)

@Travelling Salesman: the AS-team did not tell him he was being investigated. He only know that someone reported his airline because the button <report this airline> on the information page of his airline has changed into something like <we already received a complaint about this airline>

He doesn't like the idea that the whole world may now think he did something wrong.

Jan

@Travelling Salesman: the AS-team did not tell him he was being investigated. He only know that someone reported his airline because the button <report this airline> on the information page of his airline has changed into something like <we already received a complaint about this airline>

He doesn't like the idea that the whole world may now think he did something wrong.

Jan

So they did tell him he's being investigated. Moreover, they told everybody else, too.

This system makes even less sense because I might be reporting him for a good reason, which I won't be able to do as long as the team checks some spurious complaint somebody else made. ;)

True enough, on both issues.

That's why I supported him in a previous post when he asked that it should not be visible because it embarrassed him.

And I guess the support people don't want to see 20 complaint tickets for the same issue. If you think your complaint is different, you can always send an email to the support people.

Anyway, I thought you meant "tell him" literally. By email or so.

Cheers,

Jan

Trying to avoid arguments by hiding the reason why a player is being reported is a flawed concept of oppressive governments. This means that you are afraid that the incriminated player could try to defend/justify his actions. If police knock on your door, because a neighbor has reported you, they will tell you why they knock on your door.

First of all, I've read enough of these exaggerating comparisons. Not only is it derogative and abusive against people who really have to live under the fear of an oppressive goverment, it makes airlinesim also larger than it is. This is a game, nothing more. You aren't loosing your job, your home, your relatives or your life if you loose this game, if you are getting reported or if you have to go through an investigation. 

That brings me to the second point. If you are reported by your neighbor, police will first check the situation. If there is no need for further investigation, you won't notice anything at all. Do you really believe they will wake you up at night to ask you about a loud party that is reported to be going on at your house if there is no party? Do you really complain that they didn't wake you up so that you can't defend or justify your non-action?

So get your feet back on the ground. A report leads to a quick check of facts, and in most cases the whole story ends here without any further action, because the report was obviously wrong, a misunderstanding or just nonsense. Why should we bother you with all these reports? If there is a need for a further investigation, then you are going to be informed about that (at the point where it makes sense to inform you!) and you have all the time and rights to defend or justify your actions. 

The only morally questionable point in this whole process is the public statement about the report. It is meant to reduce the workload in the few cases where a player is obviously breaking the rules, but although it does not indicate a wrong behavior, it may imply it. There is really a need to change that!

So they did tell him he's being investigated. Moreover, they told everybody else, too.

In fact, they just tell him and everybody that he is reported. It is not clear if there is an investigation going on or not. But like I said before, what people think differ from what it really tells, and I see a need to change it. 

I think the "this company has already been reported" message should be removed. The standard report button should remain, except that when people click the button it should return an error message saying it's already reported. That way you'd only know if you tried to report the comany yourself, but there wouldn't be a public accusation on display for everyone who happens to check your airline.

Does anyone actually ever check?