195 E2 Strange Seats

Hello

Why does the new E2 have “Certified Capacity for this Deck: 146”

But even with slimline seats you can only jam in 136

Cheers

~Regan~

146 relates to real world 28" pitch. AS world seats do not specify pitch. My first a/c is configured to 116 dual mode (16RS 100LP). Better than the A220-100 (15RS 90LP)
Perhaps its about time the seating component to AS was revamped with pics and specs and IFE options from various AS companies similar to the real world.
I would also add that we do not assign toilets or galleys on AS a/c. This also affects available cabin space. AS passengers have fantastic bladders.

“Certified Capacity” is just the maximum amount of people you’re legally allowed to put in the airplane without it being considered a safety violation. It is based on the emergency exits available, and has nothing to do with seat type or how many passengers you can actually fit.

For instance, you could technically fit 21 seats on a LET 410 using Slimline HD seats, but you’re only legally allowed to transport 19 passengers.

I use 12 C and 60 Y seats in the E195E2…
perfect for me=)

Thank you for all the replies

To tso310 i too would like to see a more detailed fitting system where space is more realistically used. I had never considered the potties and galleys before but you are 100% correct. Our passengers must had incredible control…

Cheers to all,

Happy flying

“Certified Capacity” is just the maximum amount of people you’re legally allowed to put in the airplane without it being considered a safety violation.

So are you saying that max certified capacity “can” be a safety violation ? lol
Max Certified capacity itself means the maximum seats able to be put in a plane after meeting all safety and evacuation parameters. So not sure what AS has an excuse for. As in real life airlines have it already. Not sure if AS feels these A/C’s might become a bit too attractive to players and other a/c be will ignored. Noted the same for ATR 72 which can have 78 seats and A321neo that can have 240 seats, but AS won’t allow it but just display those numbers. sigh.

It’s been said already that cabin dimensions are translated into AS as per the real seat pitch given. So if the real deal is able to seat 146 at 28" then this not automatically translates into 146 Slimline-HD seats as that seat - albeit being the smallest in AS - is >28".

So if the real deal is able to seat 146 at 28" then this not automatically translates into 146 Slimline-HD seats as that seat - albeit being the smallest in AS - is >28".

Then the Slim Line HD seats on AS are certainly not “slim line” , because 28" seat pitch has been around for a while in the real world and has been the norm for LCC’s globally. It’s almost like standard for LCC operators.