A question for my enterprise...change or not?

Hi.

I am lead on my Hub with over 600 Flight, my weekly encoming is between 8 and 10 million.

Obviusly to have this Flight my fleet is old and cheap…and my question is if i begin to update my fleet chance old planes with new or continue to grow the fleets with new destinations…for example my flights with usa has a marig between 49 and 60%…i could add more one daily flights of it… Tnx in advance

I would love to give an answer, but I´m afraid I don´t even understand the question in the first place.

Could you maybe rephrase it?

eheh…sorry but my english is no good…i try to explain better…

The question is easy…ath the moment i have a very good week profit thanks all my flights that are full, the problem is that my planes are very old, i’ve dc-8 for long flght, Ilyushin IL-18D and Boeing 727-100 for short-medium flight.

Now all seems to be fine because the demand in this world (new) is high but, before o after, the demand will fix it self ok? At that point the passengers will choose newest airlplane not mine because old ok?

Now, with my high profit and my lot of cash is better begin to change the airplane and replace , for example, the Ilyushin IL-18D wit crj100 or i can still wait and continue to lease Ilyushin IL-18D and 726 to increae my destination?

thanks

Where are you from - maybe there is someone who may help in your native language...

I’m italian…? i try to explain with few words

Quimby is a new world ok? In new world the demand is very high and, anyone, can have high profit.

For examplem if i open an enterprise in gatwo and lease, for example, a dc-8 for long flight i’ll have all flight empty because other player have moder airplane ok?

Well…in quinby i can make lot of profit using old and cheap aircraft like dc-8 but, within 1 o 2 month max, the situation will change because the demand calculation will change ok? When it will change who will have old ariplane (like me) will be penalized because compared to an overall reduction in demand, passengers prefer modern airplanes. ok?

My question is, should’ve set me now to replace older airplanes or should expect that the demand decreases?

I think I understand the question. I've been thinking the same way too. We are new player, just trying to figure how to run the airline in airline sim. As the quimby server just started, the market is still wide open, and the competition are not that stiff, so even when we flying old and unpopular aircraft, we still gain a good profit margin. We're wondering how long the market will stay like this, how long the pax will want to fly with our old and unpopular aircraft. He wanted to know because he's contemplating between remodernizing fleet with new and popular type or continue to order current old and unpopular type.

I think it depends on the competition, the demand calculation will remain the same. When there are over supply in the capacity and more and more of our competitors provide better quality connection, i.e. better plane, better seat config, better service, better price, then we will start to have empty seats on our flights. So I think for now just continue to grow network, add capacity and maintain price until you see load factor dropping, then we can analyze the route and see if our competitor provide something better and we can also provide the same or better. 

My 0.02.

The aircraft age and popularity is what affects your overall image. I am not on Quimby so I would only guess, a new B727-100 will have 5 green bars for age, and maybe a red bar for popularity. An MD88 will ahve 5 green bars for age and 3 green bars for popularity. A 737NG will have 5 green bars for age and 5 green bars for popularity.

This does not affect ORS, it affects your airline image and that in turns partially affects your ORS. But (I guess) there will be very low impact on overall image because old planes are new, so you are not flying a 35 year old B727.

Your disadvantage will be higher fuel burn. Your maintenance will be quite low because you are flying a new plane.

For example a new Boeing 727-200 Adv Re winglet costs less to operate than a B737-800, and it is faster than 738 so will give you a better ORS rating.

Your only issues will come when the server is full and ORS rating war starts. Some older slower models may not be able to give you ORS 99, simply because the speed prevents them to reach it (e.g. 733 would give you 98 max on most routes in C, and some 98 some 99 in Y).

If it was me playing, I would keep expanding and then switch to newer models, at the proper time and for the routes where you will need ORS 99. Otherwise I would keep flying older models where feasible.

Perfect…You have understund perfectly…