Ability to retrain redundant staff

How about adding the ability to retrain redundant staff for different jobs?

Currently, I have 30 excess fleet managers since I downsized the different times of aircraft I’m operating. As of now, my only option is to keep the excess and keep paying them or lay them all off and pay the severance.

My idea would be to retrain them into other areas that are constantly growing, such as check-in agents or some other job.

Thoughts?

Brian

Bump.

I currently have 87 too many fleet managers.

bump.  Every time an interlining partner goes bust I have a load of unemployed network planners.

I support this one, makes it easier to restructure an airline.

But is it that easy in real life too?

I mean in real life you can not offer someone a job paid less as the current one. You can not send a manager to throw baggage on the tarmac.

I think some "retrainings" should be possible, e.g. for fight operations, fleet management and networkplanning, flight attendants to pursers, ...

Also every "year" (week) some people quit their job, some get retired (about 1/40 every year!), some just die, some get pregnant,..

A normal "fluctuation" or shrinking of the company is not possible at the moment. In most cases (Germany) if companys decide to lower staff numbers, they use this fluctuation and just don't hire new people for those leaving.

I is a game and it should be kept simple, maybe everybody should be able to "fire" "1/25" (4%, or what ever) for each category every week "for free"...

E.g.

2.000 in network planning, 1.500 busy -> -80 first week

1.920 -> 77 second

1.843 -> 74 third...

1.769 -> 71

1.598 -> 64

1.534 -> 61 -> just 34

(six weeks to get 1/4 of employees)

this way we can "shrink" without extra costs but can't do this too quick..

But is it that easy in real life too?

I mean in real life you can not offer someone a job paid less as the current one. You can not send a manager to throw baggage on the tarmac.

In RL, you can move office personnel to other office jobs, and you can train flight attendants to pursers or vv.

Also, coming back to gameplay, it would give more flexibility, which would help to keep the airlines from being too static.