African maintenance vs default provider

African can work more efficiently than the default maintenance provider, but the price is more expensive.

The question is, by how much?

I would like to know from your experience how much percentage-wise I am looking to pay in maintenance by switching to African from the default maintenance provider (considering no flight/schedule changes).

Thank you.

To get a good comparison, you are going to need the same aircraft, at the same age, on the same route.

In my experience (and I don't have any numbers to prove this), maintenance costs aren't all that different that it makes a difference of millions of dollars per week unless your airline is gigantic.

For most aircraft it's roughly 15-30% more service time, but the above statement is correct.

You get what you pay for but mostly it comes down to the type of airline you're running. With a lot of regional flights you want the top-of-the-line. If your doing international flights where you can only get one leg there and one back you can afford to be skimpy.  I've just always gone with the best. 

I'm using the default service provider because in this case I am able to schedule two maintenance slots (two hours) per day on the CRJs, and most of the CRJs have 90% maintenance ratio all day long.

However, if you use African, you might be able to schedule more flights in, and get a higher profit...

I'm using the default service provider because in this case I am able to schedule two maintenance slots (two hours) per day on the CRJs, and most of the CRJs have 90% maintenance ratio all day long.

However, if you use African, you might be able to schedule more flights in, and get a higher profit...

I can schedule 12 segments on the Superjet (DME-LED) with African and get 101% MX ratio...so take that for what you will.