AGEX?

Am I the only currently removing flights, cancelling leases and experiencing less passangers? AGEX is taking it's toll on my company in Nepal at the moment. How about you guys?

Same here… It’s a mess…

It's such an annoyance for removing flights and changing the price. So as long as my company is profiting, I don't bother much in changing it.

If you're upset about AGEX in Gatow, take a look at it in Nicosia, close to 750, and it's been as bad for the past 2 months... I had 2 companies, I already closed one and I'm thinking about closing the other...

How much does the AGEX affect passengers... say it goes down 100 points, does passenger loads go down 10% or something like that? I would be curious to know how the ups & downs of the AGEX is connected to the passenger loads.

How much does the AGEX affect passengers... say it goes down 100 points, does passenger loads go down 10% or something like that? I would be curious to know how the ups & downs of the AGEX is connected to the passenger loads.

It aint that simple.

Basically, the better you set up your airline, the lesser the impact of a dwindling AGEX will be.

In other words, poorly set up airlines will be the first to go the way of the Dodo.

That said, I see AGEX on Gatow at worst wasn't far below 900. That's far from being "bad".

The problem on Gatow is simple: AGEX was extremely high at server startup creating a mass of airlines that are barely viable under normal circumstances. An AGEX slightly going down to 900 now simply cleaned up some of the mess...

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the AGEX at 750 or such.

To give "real numbers" ... AGEX on Tempelhof server dropped from approx. 950 to 750 costing me first of all all of my profit which means approx. -100,000,000 AS$ (which also means the revenue dropped this). These 200 points less equal with 200,000 PAX/week less which equals a drop of about 12% in total carried PAX. Since I didn't adjusted much at my airline it gives much of a perspective on how the AGEX is affecting an airline. 

But well, I don't need to adjust since my airline is healthy as f***.  :ph34r: No problem running around +/- 0 AS$ since the AGEX won't drop much more than 750 (lowest was 720) while it can raise to 1,100 easily. But I can imagine that other airlines are burning money right now if they don't adjust some things to conquer... ^_^

To give "real numbers" ... AGEX on Tempelhof server dropped from approx. 950 to 750 costing me first of all all of my profit which means approx. -100,000,000 AS$ (which also means the revenue dropped this). These 200 points less equal with 200,000 PAX/week less which equals a drop of about 12% in total carried PAX. Since I didn't adjusted much at my airline it gives much of a perspective on how the AGEX is affecting an airline.  But well, I don't need to adjust since my airline is healthy as f***.  :ph34r: No problem running around +/- 0 AS$ since the AGEX won't drop much more than 750 (lowest was 720) while it can raise to 1,100 easily. But I can imagine that other airlines are burning money right now if they don't adjust some things to conquer... ^_^

I’m surprised you don’t make any profits right now. I’m still at close to 20m profits without any significant tweaking.:wink:

Personally I find it quite sad to see AGEX rising again. I was hoping it would stay at <750 for a month or so.

It aint that simple.

Basically, the better you set up your airline, the lesser the impact of a dwindling AGEX will be.

In other words, poorly set up airlines will be the first to go the way of the Dodo.

That said, I see AGEX on Gatow at worst wasn't far below 900. That's far from being "bad".

The problem on Gatow is simple: AGEX was extremely high at server startup creating a mass of airlines that are barely viable under normal circumstances. An AGEX slightly going down to 900 now simply cleaned up some of the mess...

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the AGEX at 750 or such.

Being situated in Nepal, I depend very much on a strong AGEX. Whenever it drops, noone wants to travel to Nepal. Even the best routes starts to close down. So I kinda hope a strong AGEX would allow me to make a subsidairy soon, which can ensure my Nepalese company some funding, in case of bad AGEX.

Being situated in Nepal, I depend very much on a strong AGEX. Whenever it drops, noone wants to travel to Nepal. Even the best routes starts to close down. So I kinda hope a strong AGEX would allow me to make a subsidairy soon, which can ensure my Nepalese company some funding, in case of bad AGEX.

True that.

I had more the “strong” regions in mind.

Of course, regions with little demand will give you a hard time in an AGEX- crisis.

Still, that’s kind of realistic as barely any airline in real life would survive in such underdeveloped regions - if there wouldn’t be governmental help.

Such help is not implemented in the game as we all know. Would be impossible to do so in a fair and balanced way I guess.

The only way to still survive in such regions would be to start up with your pockets full of cash to create as many transfer pax as possible - the sunbeam principle if you want so.:wink:

Agex continues to decrease on Gatow, now near 800...  :blink:

Many airlines have now bad ratings, and users are beginning to quit the game world (ever 1200 users since the beginning, now 1170)

Probably that it's not a good thing for AS to have this low indicator, as it scares users...  :mellow:

Good luck !

Indeed, need to work on cost effectiveness and hibernate in order to survive. My airline is pretty new, yet I hope I have enough profiteable routes to stay on the market despite aircraft and routes cut. :) Challenging though.

Well seems I have to downsize a bit otherwise I'll be in the realm of loss sooner or later.

And the decrease continues... fasten your seatbelts!

As hard as it can be AGEX is good at cleaning out the larger companies which cannot keep up with adjusting prices, routes and leases... thus giving smaller airlines a small (very small!) advantage. Just got to try and hang in there as best you can...

still okish... but have to say that this time I started fairly disciplined. No large widebody aircraft, only a few densly flown routes in the beginning and almost no interlining... seems to work out

And as you have only little planes and very few routes to abroad, you don't need any IL for the moment, but it will probably come one day  :)

I am too lazy to adjust the routes but still I am staying afloat. This AGEX thingy is annoying.

This AGEX thingy is annoying.

+1

Seems to be stuck just around 800. Think we have to get used to it... :/