Airbus A320Neo

A320NEO is no delivered to Lufthansa. When is it entering the game?

I am sorry for hijacking this topic but it has the right title at least  ;).

It'll still take some time, I'm afraid.

Will AS make recent A320 models out-of-production after introducing the A320neo?

I don’t think so, A320 CEO are still being produced and will be produced, for the foreseeable future.

According to my calculations Airbus has more than 2 years worth of production left in the A320CEOs (if they only produce A320CEOs) if they continue producing at this current rate but as they have 4500 A320NEO orders as well I believe the A320CEO will be produced at least until 2019 if not untill 2020.

I'm currently working on the data for the A320NEO. I can't give a definitive date yet, but I hope it'll be before February.

We do have the necessary data, though I'd like to make it reasonable compared to existing ones.

Stay tuned...

Are you working on other new airplanes as well? For example the A330 with 242t MTOW?

Are you working on other new airplanes as well? For example the A330 with 242t MTOW?

ppl do.  :ph34r:

Yes, I have also included an A330-200 with a MTOW of 242t. I expect that we can introduce that model together with the A320NEO.

I'm also pretty optimistic, that we will have the new CSeries ready once the first delivery is confirmed to Swiss.

Yes, I have also included an A330-200 with a MTOW of 242t. I expect that we can introduce that model together with the A320NEO.

I'm also pretty optimistic, that we will have the new CSeries ready once the first delivery is confirmed to Swiss.

Please make sure that the 242t version is a "higher HGW" version of the A330 (so do not "update" existing planes). + the update is both for the -200 and the -300 version.

Please make sure that the 242t version is a "higher HGW" version of the A330 (so do not "update" existing planes). + the update is both for the -200 and the -300 version.

"Dont worry, be happy".

I think Matt has already thought of that before even starting to research the data it self.

"Dont worry, be happy".

I think Matt has already thought of that before even starting to research the data it self.

I'm pretty confident about that... but not 100% sure :) There are ~25 weight variants for the A330 (starting at 184t MTOW)... Just saying

Trouble is, with the current performance system it is quite tricky to get things "right" for the HGW A330. Furthermore, not all necessary data is available in the details we would need them. But we'll get there somehow.

Thx for the answer. Are you introducing them on the upcoming next game world?

The aircraft (changes) are always introduced to all existing game worlds.

There's good and bad news.

As we tried to fit the NEO family into the existing types we faced a few issues to make it perform as it should. In order to have the new family perform at the fuel efficiency that Airbus claims, we decided to go over the all existing (current in production models) and adjust the fuel burn on them to fix a few mistakes. I'm currently working on that.

That means, we will need a bit longer to get the NEO into the game, but the good part is, that we will then also be able to update the other types and have them perform closer to real life values. The focus here is not so much the actual absolute fuel burn, but the relative consumption against competitive models (A320 family agains 737, A350 vs. 787, 777-300ER vs. A380, etc.).

To shed some more details on this topic, here are the most important points I'm focusing on:

• Superjets are too unattractive and the LR uses more fuel on basically all ranges than the normal version
  • The 737-700 should be slightly worse than a A319, the 737-800 better than a A320 and the A321 again better than the 737-900 (compare this)
  • The 737-900ER is way too good and has already better performance than the announced A321LR
  • The 777-300ER is much more efficient in real life and should be improved
  • The A380 is on the other hand rather too good and especially has a too high payload on long ranges
  • The 747-8i should be trailing the A380 and the 777-300ER in fuel burn per seat
  • The new models A350/787 as well as the A32xneo/CSeries should lead the fuel burn values per seat

Please let me know which other points you want to see addressed. In order to be able to verify, do state a source with "facts" as to why which model should be better (see link above).

I am aware that this will affect existing aircraft. The target is to leave the ranges as they are, though the payload will change, and there is no way around that.

The A330-200 needs more fuel than the A330-300X. So on an route flown by an A330-200 it should use less full because it has the shorter fuselage and with that has to carry less weight than the -300X.

Matth, should I be worried of what these performance adjustments might do to my overall profit with a fleet of 1000 737-900ER aircraft?

@koenc89 - I hope 739 would not be changed (negatively, maybe positively) because it's performance actually quite reflects Boeing charts (the AS 739 performance especially in HGW version si slightly worse off than Boeing charts would indicate)

http://www.boeing.com/assets/pdf/commercial/airports/acaps/737.pdf

737-900ER performance chart is on Page 98

Let's take a very long route, something on the edge of 739ER HGW range, achiavable in AS only with a luxury configuration:

1) 737-900ER HGW, IAD - VIE , 7164 km = 3868 nm, let's round it up to 3900 nm

2) OEW listed for 739 ER is 44.67 tons (page 25 of the PDF file above)

3) MTOW for 739ER HGW in AS is listed as 85.13 tons, which would be the farthest MTOW line of the performance chart in the PDF file, page 98

4) for 3900 nm, going down the MTOW line, we get the total carriable weight would be 57 tons

5) 57 tons (carriable weight) - 44.67 tons (OEW) = 12.33 tons of payload

6) the AS performance for this aircraft gives 10.17 tons payload at 3900 nm

= result = AS performance is actually showing less payload on 3900 nm than Boeing chart indicate (vs 12.33 tons Boeing chart)

And this example would be on a very long route. I think AS values are pretty close to reality, they are actually slightly worse than reality charts show.

(Thanks, Bjorn Fehrm @ Leeham, for the refresher in reading performance charts. https://leehamnews.com/2015/07/24/bjorns-corner-weight-or-fuel-limited-what-is-this-all-about/ )

Hi rubiohiguey,

you are missing some points here. First, a 739ER will never be able to fly IAD-VIE in real life, because of fuel capacity. The standart 737NG can take roughly 20-22t of fuel - you can add some additional tanks, at the expense of cargo capacity. You quoted the OEW at 44,67t - this is correct according to Boeing, but the relevant figure here is the DOW, because the OEW does not include the weight of seats, other furniture or crew. I do not know how much the DOW would be for a 739ER, but as the A320s that I currently fly (and that are much smaller than a 739ER) have an DOW of around 43500 (newer aircraft slightly less), I would guess that the DOW for the 739 would be at least 46-47t (if anybody has a more accurate figure, post it here). I already answered your point 5 - the issue is not the theoretical payload, but the capacity for fuel and/or cargo...