Airbus increased the A320's maximum capacity to 186 seats

Good evening, Airbus has increased the capacity of the A320s from 180 to 186 passengers.

http://www.airbus.com/presscentre/pressreleases/press-release-detail/detail/vueling-takes-delivery-of-its-first-enhanced-comfort-a320-cabin-featuring-the-airbus-space-flex-c/

I'd like to know if the team is planning to update the plane capacity in the game too.

Kind regards,

Alessandro

Well, even if team does anything, you might technically get 186 seats with slimline HD seats, but you would not get any passengers in AS with those seats ... so pretty much a mute question

The extra row has been obtained by moving the toilets in the rear galley area, therefore effectively freeing up floor space.

Take the 737-800 for example, it's certified for a maximum of 189, with the same seats that I use in the A320s I'd get one extra row on the 738. With the updated capacity we might get one extra row on the A320s too.

Oh I get that ... Excuse me that I have not read the whole release, I know they were planning flex space. Now it's certain that in A320 you get less floor space than in 738 (same as in A319 you get less floor space than in 73G). With certain certain seats in AS, you can get both A320 and 738 get configured with the same number of seats. Not so with others. So should the team increase A320 floor space (and A319 as well), it would certainly be appreciated.

Take the 737-800 for example, it’s certified for a maximum of 189, with the same seats that I use in the A320s I’d get one extra row on the 738. With the updated capacity we might get one extra row on the A320s too.

A 738 is limited to 189 by exit limits, not by space in first place, hence it’s cabin might be slightly too short in AS (I’d need to give it a closer look)

A 738 seats 189 at a pitch of 30" (+)

A 320 seats 180 at roundabout 29"

Again, I’d need to give this a closer look, but I’m rather sure the 738’s cabin is longer “between the exits” than a 320.

Both IMO might need some tweaking.

@sk: any chance to have another round of cabin “standardisation” like we did with widebodies some time ago? I’d be in.

AK what kind of standardization?

It would go beyond the topic, but it would be quite interesting to not only be able to position seats but also lavatories, galleys and other interior options (bar, shower). So you would be able to take out two galley elements from the front of your 319 like easyJet does and at the same loose the ability to offer hot food.

It would go beyond the topic, but it would be quite interesting to not only be able to position seats but also lavatories, galleys and other interior options (bar, shower). So you would be able to take out two galley elements from the front of your 319 like easyJet does and at the same loose the ability to offer hot food.

It's on our list and might be implemented some day, but not anytime soon.

I feel like the cabin configurations currently work quite well and there are certainly many other areas that could be addressed first.

It's official now, the A320 has been certified for 195 seats (page 30) and the A321 for 230 (page 53)

http://easa.europa.eu/system/files/dfu/TCDS_EASA%20A%20064_%20Airbus_%20A318_A319_A320_A321_Iss_17.pdf

VietJet is the first operator for 230-seats Airbus 321

19857829472_ee8efb5a3d_z.jpg

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/vietjet-receives-worlds-first-230-seat-a321-415026/

And I can't wait to welcome 15 more pax on A320, TF would love them..  :D

And I can’t wait to welcome 15 more pax on A320, TF would love them…  :smiley:

Wont happen if AS wants to have it realistic and without finally adding some more seat options.

Or in other words: the current “Slimline HD” is way to big to seat 195.