Aircraft Type Evaluation

When comparing aircraft using the current evaluation tool, the results are not very accurate. This is mainly due to fact that seating configurations cannot be applied.

Would it be possible to include an option to add a seating configuration to the aircraft evaluation tool? I don’t know about other players, but it would certainly aid me when deciding what aircraft is best suited for a particular route etc.

I appreciate this may be too complex to do, but it would be a massive help!

Perhaps I got you wrong but you can choose seats when comparing the planes… OK, just one seat and not different classes, but this could be done in 2 steps. First let it run with economy seats and then again with business class seats.

It would be nice to be able to have it give you an evaluation with a configuration

I’d just like to be able to set the # of flights per week that it based it’s calculations on.

When comparing a few different planes, it can use a different number of flights for each one. While I understand why it does that, my situation is that my planes almost all fly either 3 or 4 flights a day.

I’d like to be able to set the flights to 21, and have all the planes compared based on that number of flights, regardless of their maximum possible flights per week.

1 Like

My strategy when using the tool is to take the total cost that it generates on each aircraft, and just divide by the total number of seats in each of my seating configurations in question (usually on a spreadsheet). Pretty, no, but it gets the job done, and it’s accurate enough to give a relative picture of the benefits and drawbacks of each aircraft.

1 Like

That may be possible, but it is a hell of a lot of extra work for such a simple solution!

Agreed but I doubt very much that this suggestion (not the first time in AS history by the way) will find the way to the short list of features. I would search for a workaround.