Airplane Classes

I’m new to the game and loving it so far

Just a thought I had - Instead of having 3 defined “classes”, making the classes custom would add so much customisability to the game. You could have levels of economy, business class with some first class features at a lower price etc (I know this can kind of be “fudged” in the current version, but making it custom would add a real personal touch to each airline)

Does anyone have any thoughts on the idea?

Hey! Glad to see you like it.

Classes were supposed to get more flexible with the introduction of Booking Classes. Announced in this conference in 2016, (see AirlineSim Convention LEJ 2016 Presentation ENGLISH - YouTube, from 8:17 onward. Just don’t look at the times and things, because you’ll quickly realize they missed the mark by just a little bit…

While this is basically “dead” (unofficially), it shows it has been tried before. it was proven too complex or something so it was put back indefinitely a couple of years ago. And here we are in 2021. There’s something new in the works (we don’t know what it is, and we won’t for the sake of not having another broken promise, which is something I do respect. See Quo vadis AirlineSim? - #7 by martin)

I understand your point. It is useless to compare Q-Suites with Lufthansa C because they’re in effect, two different classes. Or Ryanair vs EK Economy. But I’m not sure how much one can do about it, especially after having tried and “failed”.

That’s interesting to hear

I’m sure it’s been said before but if the team need any help with coding, i’d be happy to help