Co-op function for AirlineSim

Would it be nice and/or possible to have a sort of cooperative function between players.
It would be awesome for me to collaborate with a experienced player/buddy to learn and have fun. So run an airline together with a shared screen or something. Off-course both players on different locations.

I don’t know if there is one already or if there are ways to achieve the same suggestion/idea i have or maybe you think it’s a stupid idea :smiley:
Or maybe its just impossible to do because the game doesn’t allow it.

I just passed my mind and i wanted it to be shared with you guys :slight_smile:

Jim

Hi Jim i can be the “trainer” for you :slight_smile:

Join London, a future private server, and become part of that team. All of them are very nice and friendly.

1 Like

Sounds good! i think you can judge if i will fit :slight_smile: a week ago i did not know the existence of this game haha

This server is open for all levels.

1 Like

As far as I know, the only way to truly do this (especially in newer servers w/o the Stock system) is a shared login. But that brings its risks, of course.

As for the private game worlds, they tend to be significantly more expensive than regular play. Since the cost of running one is 360 EUR (or something like that) a month, the individual rate is dependent on the # of players and other things, but usually is 15-20 EUR/mo. Credits tend to be a way more affordable version. I say this because it’s all fun and games with the privates but no one ever tends to mention the cost (at least in the threads you started/participated in).

I personally think a true co-op would be against the purposes of these kind of simulation/tycoon games designed for single player play (even if it’s an MMO) - but then again, Parkitect got a multiplayer update, and people ask for it all the time on Cities Skylines, Airport CEO, and a plethora of others… so I guess it’s a common thought. I just don’t see how 2 players running the same airline would be more useful than running it by one, even in the sometimes-tedious scheduling process.

And then again, I don’t know how that would mess with the code. I’m far from knowledgeable in these kinds of things.

Good luck either way! And always remember there is no one correct way to play the game :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great explanation and vision on things! It started to sink in about the private servers and that there had to be costs involved… people contacted me and it really looks like a lobby to fill their servers instead of helping me with the suggestions i had… i will keep it with the servers provided by the game itself and learn as an individual with the help of tutorial, forum and Discord… thanks for ur honest thoughts. Its appreciated :+1:t2:

1 Like

Hi Himmy_Holland

if you have some questions feel free to ask… I am currantly not on Otto VII but will be able to help. Will be also sometimes on discord… at the moment mostly on a weekend.

Regards

1 Like

Thank you very much appreciated :facepunch:

Regarding your suggestion or your wish - I guess that a shared account is not possible as not allowed in AS. There might be some software as Teamviewer or Skype with shared screen to have one company on 2 monitors in 2 different places. But also without this possibility, people can offer you help. Which I also do, despite offering you a seat on a private server. :slight_smile:

1 Like