Comment on AIRLINERS.NET new look

The site used to be the first thing loaded every time I open my internet browser. Not anymore, with its new look. I don't even have to click a single picture to decide that I definitely don't like the new look and will have to find a new first-to-load page.

What's not work for me is the blinding white background. Dark blue is simply the best I think, put all the brightness and spotlight at the pictures. Then the layout, well maybe I need to get used to it, or maybe I need to find new site, lol. The forum, well simply not working for me, completely new and not a.net. List of topic used to take one line, so faster to skim all of the title, now it take two lines, first line title then second lines author. 

For me, I think I have to consider a.net is gone, and take the new look as a completely new website as I couldn't find a true replacement of a.net, probably in 2-3 months time.  

So what you think about the new look?

It hurts my eyes.  Seriously.  I can understand the technical problems they were having before, some of the threads were slower than molasses in January to load.  (I'm a Canadian, molasses does indeed run very slowly in -30C temperatures...)  Now they've managed to save some admin from having to lock a thread at 250'ish posts and start a new one.

But really, it looks like someone wanted to see how many shades of grey or blue could fit on one website.

Agreed, I prefer the software over the old, but the colour scheme is terrible.

It´s really a very drastic change and I don´t like changes that much :blush: .

However, I think that most people will accept it and future visitors won´t be worried because they are not aware of the old version.

Visually, the new identity hits the nail of our time - like many ugly new airline liveries do - and it´s not my taste.

To be honest with you I like the update. I also have some trouble getting used to it but I will. Just compare it to when airlines sim updated the GUI and we were all quite negative about it. Nowadays I prefer the new AirlineSim GUI with the classic theme but I can not stand the other themes especially not the dark one.

I read a.net mainly on cellphone as my "wakeup mechanism"  and when filling time, standing in queues etc. For reading on mobile devices, the new layout is definitely better (with larger fonts). But I would prefer as well had they kept the blue background with white text.

I also like that I do not have to click "load more" on large discussions, instead going to page 47 (lol).

And I strongly miss "similar topics" that were always posted on the bottom of the page... man, had it made for some interesting reading sometimes...even reading some 5-10 year old threads,

They actually accept comments and suggestions for the new forums at moderators@airliners.net

I already sent them a request about "similar threads" to come back

It's on the to-do-list which is growing by the day

So whatever suggestions you may have, drop them a line.

They changed the theme in the forum back to the "old version" and this is a great imrovement IMO. It´s far more enjoyable to read the post with a darker background.

Sooooooooo much better’

I just hate the watermarks. I’m tired of looking at a beautiful aircraft only to have AIRLINERS.NET watermarked across the fuselage