Connections not shown in ORS: problem or feature?

Hi!

I have a strange problem, maybe you can help me out. My connections are shown in scheduling but not in ORS. I know about the great circle mapper and the distance limit for connections, that’s NOT the issue here. Also I checked all connections for the given routes, so its not that I’m on page 5 because of bad rating. Also: i serve 5 airports around London, LGW and LCY are ok, but LHR, STN and LUT not ok. Aircraft and all configurations are the same, i literally cannot tell any difference around setups of the individual flights.

Gameworld is Otto. My hub is Budapest, where transfer time is 01:00. I have inbound DXB-BUD, arrives 21:55. I have many outbounds, all of them depart between 23:00 and 23:20. Here are the connections and if they are shown/not shown in ORS:

DXB-BUD-AMS → YES
DXB-BUD-BCN → YES
DXB-BUD-BRU → NO
DXB-BUD-CDG → NO
DXB-BUD-HAM → YES
DXB-BUD-FCO → NO
DXB-BUD-FRA → YES
DXB-BUD-LCY → YES
DXB-BUD-LED → YES
DXB-BUD-LGW → YES
DXB-BUD-LHR → NO
DXB-BUD-LTN → NO
DXB-BUD-MUC → NO
DXB-BUD-NCE → YES
DXB-BUD-STN → NO
DXB-BUD-SVO → YES
DXB-BUD-VIE → YES

Is there any rule I’m missing?

Thanks!

1 Like

I suspect that the behaviour of ORS is a bit unstable. I have experienced similar issues in Bleriot VI.

I scheduled four flights as follows:

1. AYT → SVO
  2. SVO → AYT
  3. AYT → DME
  4. DME → AYT

After the demand calculation time, I saw that flight 2 got full passengers, while 1, 3, and 4 are completely empty. I checked the ORS, then I found none of the four are listed. Weird.
I cancelled the empty flights, and I rescheduled flight 1 with different flight number. Now that newly registered flight is on ORS. I am not yet sure if it actually gets passengers.

1 Like