Croyden down ?

Our focus at the moment is to get Croydon alive, I guess you will agree that we do not have the time at the moment to discuss any compensates.

when will croyden be back

We don’t know yet.

We just know that the contacts with the provider in question will be cancelled asap. This situation is unbearable, to you as it is to us.

Is there reason why there lately so many problems are at Croydon, but other servers running stable? :blink:

Hopefully the server comes back again…:o :unsure:

Well, not at the moment - first the server must run - but as the server is still down (since 2 days), it is a must for you as a provider to give people some compensation at least.

We’ll talk about that later on.

First - it is not a must! Because the server is not running, there isn’t any credit booking for this server right now. So we have to wait until the server is running again and we can decide what is possible or not! The second what I personaly don’t like (I guess you wouldn’t too) is that someone is telling you on how to do your work and that you shall have time for his wishes and not all the other tasks at the moment.

So once again, the priority is to keep the other server alive and to get croydon back. And when croydon will be online again, we will think about a compensation and announce that, but you have to give us our time we need!

I’m not telling you how you have to do your work, I’m sure you know it yourself.

I’m just playing with the thoughts of your role as a "provider"… For me f.e., the game is a service I’m paying for. In the background, you have to provide the service I need (keeping servers alive, etc.). Of Course the most important is to bring back Croydon, no doubts! That’s priority, we agree on.

But you’d agree that a service, which is not running and for which people are paying for is not too good for your "customers".

Sure it isn’t and it isn’t for us as well, as we are also only costumer at the data centre. So we can only wait till a solution is provided and the server is running again and then we can think about compensation and so on.

Just to make it clear - there will be a compensation but we ask for patience in any announcements at the moment on how these compensation will look like.

May I through in my 2 cents

While it is unfortunate to everyone that the server is down, we must understand the basic principles of service providing:

There now is an incident (server down). The first and foremost priority in Incident Management (according to ITIL at least) is to restore that service. Not trying to figure out why it failed or how to compensate the customers.

There is ample time for that after the incident has been resolved (ie. server is back on line).

As a personal idea, have you thought of buying capacity from a datacenter that provides virtual servers, such as server4you which has locations in US and Germany at least. That is dirt cheap in my opinion and it kind of rules out any hardware issues you might ever encounter…

SInce you are now referring to HDD and RAID issues I kind of got the understanding that your datacenter is hosting equipment that you own …

I don’t know why so many are whining about compensations. If the server is online again it starts when he crashed, then he has to catch up to be up to date. Well… this means your airline has no “virtual losses” as everyday will be simulated (just a bit faster and not in real time). It’s not that you are really loosing something in the virtual world. You just have to do something else today instead playing airlinesim. ;)

Croydons broken HDD will be replaced at 14:00 CET if everything goes according to plan. Don’t ask, we are “irritated” as well…

Thanks for the info!

So we can expect Croydon is working in the evening hours today?

I sincerely hope so.

Let’s hope so really:)

cheers

It’s up!

Croydon is back up. It will be slow for while until the system has been rebuilt.

Also, the game world now has beyond a day of backlog, which is quite a bit, even for "AirlineSim standards". As such it might take a while until everything is back to normal.

As a compensation, playing on Croydon will be free of charge for the coming days. Once again, sorry for the inconvenience this caused and that it took so awfully long to get it fixed. Thank you very much for your patience!

thank you very much!

FYI, this message including some more details on the incident was just posted to all players on Croydon:

thx for working on it and for the free time