Croyden down ?

Hi,

Is there something wrong with Croyden, I’m getting (only partial paste, the stack is long)

It happened to me in the middle of editing aircraft schedules, and it’s been like that since then.

---- stack dump below --------

An unexpected error occured!

[font=Times][size=2]Please see stacktrace below:[/size][/font]

[font=Times][size=2]java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1514.invoke(Unknown Source)

sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invokeAction(DefaultActionInvocation.java:404)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invokeActionOnly(DefaultActionInvocation.java:267)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:229)

de.airlinesim.web.interceptors.ExceptionInterceptor.intercept(ExceptionInterceptor.java:77)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionInvocation.java:224)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionInvocation.java:223)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerStack.java:455)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:221)

de.airlinesim.web.interceptors.BusinessContextInterceptor.intercept(BusinessContextInterceptor.java:130)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionInvocation.java:224)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionInvocation.java:223)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerStack.java:455)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:221)[/size][/font]

It shall be running again!

Guys, please be honest: are there any hardware problems in the background? I’m really getting bored with this thing… Every day, we have problems with the site, until now I barely can open severl sites or absolutely not!

…and it is getting worse every day…

Since several hours…

An unexpected error occured!

Please see stacktrace below:

[b]org.springframework.transaction.CannotCreateTransactionException:  Could not open Hibernate Session for transaction; nested exception is  org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Cannot open connection[/b]

org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTransactionManager.doBegin(HibernateTransactionManager.java:596)

org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.getTransaction(AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.java:371)

org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAspectSupport.createTransactionIfNecessary(TransactionAspectSupport.java:335)

org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:105)

org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)

org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$DynamicAdvisedInterceptor.intercept(Cglib2AopProxy.java:621)

de.airlinesim.operation.OperationRunnerService$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$ce2f7355.executeReadOnly()

de.airlinesim.OperationExecutor.execute(OperationExecutor.java:58)

de.airlinesim.AirlineSim.execute(AirlineSim.java:546)

de.airlinesim.web.actions.portal.PortalIndexAction.execute(PortalIndexAction.java:64)

sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1265.invoke(Unknown Source)

sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

An honestly: I’m paying for your service… It isn’t free, I’m paying EUR for it… Can I excpect more?

Right now we can’t access the box ourselves. The hardware has some serious issues as it seems.

We are in contact with the data center and are trying to work out a solution. Expect it to take a bit longer this time because obviously, some technician will have to fix the machine (which implies he has to find the problem first).

Sorry for the downtime (once again). We hate it as much as you do.

thanks for the info, that’s at least something…

any idea how long it won’t be available? Hours or more than a day?

Last time (btw. the same server) it has been several hours :(

thanks for the info

Croydon is still down. Do you have any clue when will it be running again?

Thanks!

Just checked with the data center. They say they are running full systems check which will probably take several hours. As we do not have any spare hardware for cases like this, all we can do right now is wait. Unfortunately.

So far, it looks like a HDD issue. Technicians are informed and will replace the defective part.

Will there be a restore from backup or will we start from a few days ago ?

If everything goes according to plan, the data from the unaffected hard-disk will be mirrored to the replacement disk by the RAID controller. That way we would start with the data as it was when the server went down completely today.

So a day loss and less income for the airlines? (as the closing is still on the same day…)

Well, I’d think it’ll start again from that moment it crashed and has to catch up until it’s up to date again. That way you shouldn’t have any loss.

That’s how it worked always and how it shall be now again (hopefully) ;)

Thanks for the updates.

I suppose all Croydon accounts receive some free credits (at least 4), to compensate the loss of credits we’ve paid for a non-received service today?