Delays

Dear all,

I just saw, that one of my aircrafts has its first delays. It is only 1 minute and this minute follows up the whole day.

What I am wondering: Why is the delay still present after the nightstop?

Arrives at 22:10 LT  and departs next day at 06:00 LT.

There is no overlapping with the turnarounds.

Maintenance ratio is 132,1%.

Can the delay code be more specific why there is a delay?  What kinds of delays are possible? 

Are there real weather delays? Or unruly passengers?  Or unsatisfied crew (underpaid) so they work slowly?  Pilots strike?  Missing or delayed bus? Passenger delayed at the gate?

There should be a delay code posted on the flights list page. Can you provd ethe code, or even the whole screenshot of the flights list page?

Move your mouse cursor over the delay code (DC) and it will explain what the cause of the delay is

But if your MX ratio is 132% and it is even maintenance window every day, that 1 minute should be offset during maintenance...

example of situation where 1 minute delay gets offset during maintenance  is below:

EYKD1JD.png

it was over two days. Started on Monday due to less than 2 hours maintenance, but still it looks blue in between.  Then last flight finished. With 23:20 LT maintenance started until 05:22 next morning. Delay code was then TM - delayed from maintenance.

Well, what time does your MXwindow last? If it is just 2 hours and 1 minute, it may pick up delay if there is no other MX window which can bring the aircraft to reasonable condition. You should leave about +3 minutes in your MX window to account for any delayed flights, else you might keep getting delayed from maintenance messages. The MX must happen (there was a suggestion to keep departure time in spite of not yet completed maintenance, but it was decided against it, and MX will be kept to bring aircraft to the same condiition as MX would do during on-time arrival).

Well, what time does your MXwindow last? If it is just 2 hours and 1 minute, it may pick up delay if there is no other MX window which can bring the aircraft to reasonable condition. You should leave about +3 minutes in your MX window to account for any delayed flights, else you might keep getting delayed from maintenance messages. The MX must happen (there was a suggestion to keep departure time in spite of not yet completed maintenance, but it was decided against it, and MX will be kept to bring aircraft to the same condiition as MX would do during on-time arrival).

From the sceenshot, I think the issue is, there's a single daily 7h50 maintenance window, giving a 132% maintenance ratio. Since at some point there was a 1 minute delay, the maintenance is stretched as well, finishing 1 minute later to keep the same 7h50 window, even though a 7h49 maintenance window would be quite enough to return the aircraft to 100% and the extra minute is unnecesary.

Stretching the maintenance makes sense when you have tight maintenance schedules (for instance, if delay causes a maintenance window of 1h59, it makes sense to use an extra minute to ensure maintenance will be done). It doesn't make sense, however, when maintenance time is scheduled in excess as is the case here.

Of course, I'm not sure how easy or hard it would be for the code to account for these different scenarios. Maybe only a one-size-fits-all coding is possible.

No, with 132% MX ratio you will not carry that one minute forward. The ratio would be reduced in such case to e.g. 131.7%.

You carry the delay forward only if the MX ratio (and corresponding MX block) cannot be sufficiently reduced.

Ad teh screenshot shows flights only from 27/10 without any MX break, so it is imposisble to sya if the delay carried forward to 28/10 and 29/10.

It would be necessary to see those more current screenshots.

But if the delay keeps carrying forward, then there is somethng wrong, because the ample MX window whould have reduced that delay by reducing MX time and MX ratio (until 100.1% level). That is my understanding.

We wuld need Martin's input on that.