Demand for long haul flights in Tristar

Hello,

I started an airline in the Tristar game world right at the start. I have grown the airline as I have done in the past, where I focus on domestic and short haul flights to build a local network. I have always been under the impression that in airlinesim it is very difficult to have a long haul network until you have a well established local network providing connections, and usually it isn’t a good idea until the airline has about 1,000 flights. However, there are airlines that started their airline with pure long haul flights. I don’t understand how they are filling their aircraft without a short haul network?

Thanks

There are airlines with 200+ aircraft already which is beyond ridiculous.

On a fresh server with used planes, it is not ridiculous… It is very much possible.

It depends on where you start. If you start somewhere like LHR, you can go straight to long haul flights because there is so much demand. If you start at lets say SYD, you may need some feeder flights before you start long haul. It just varies from when you start. I see you are based in Manchester, looking at your current fleet, you are ready to start some long haul flights. I would recommend starting flights to DXB, then expand to some US locations. You want to be careful you don’t expand too fast, as Manchester isn’t the largest airport.

Very much possible bot not in the slightest realistic.

Define “realism” in a world that starts empty :slight_smile:

You ask for realism… you really made my day.
It IS possible and realistic in AS to grow as fast as the Chinese guys do. You can try it next time yourself.

I get the aspect that it cant be realistic in a perfect manner with an empty world.

However, lets be honest. 200+ aircraft in less than an month is a bit of a stretch.

I prefer to grow in a relatively realistic way, it takes the fun out of it the way some people do it.

1 Like