Desert Airways News Thread

Desert Airways was founded on the 11th April 2014. 

After the closure of the much loved Al-Jazair Airways, the Algerian people were left without a carrier.

Many tried to solve this problem but none could find a way.

On the 11th of April, a group of people decided enough was enough. The new carrier was to be called Desert Airways.

The new carrier was to have its base in Algiers.

So, the adventure had begun.

I decided that 4 CRJ 200 ER's should be our starting fleet. They had good range and they had a suitable amount of capacity. We fitted them with Leisure seats in Silver Class (Economy) and Comfort Plus in Gold Class (Business). Our livery was designed by the amazing DanielL, here is what it looks like: 

Desert Airways livery engine orange.png

Our focus was to connect Algerian airports with European ones. We started off flying to Oran, Constantine, Annaba, Bejaia, Setif, Hassi Messaoud and Tlemcen in Algeria, while in France we started flights to Nice, Marseille, Toulouse, Bordeaux and Paris Beauvais.

However after our first week, we had our first competitor, Algiers Airways, who started lots of routes with a lot of planes. He went bankrupt after a few tough weeks however.

We added LET's and Saab 340B Plus's to our fleet but the LET's were phased out because of their range. They were replaced with 2 ATR 42-500's

Last week was our most successful one with our passenger revenue at 5,488,853 AS$, while our expenses were at 4,226,824 AS$. Our profit turned out to be a record breaking:

1,262,029 AS$

Updates will continue where there is new news!

By the way, here's our logo also by DanielL:

Desert Airways Logo D.png

Hope you have a great day,

Billy and Desert Airways

Our fleet at the moment:

8 Bombardier CRJ 200ER's

8 Saab 340B Plus's

3 ATR 42-500's - The new ATR is scheduled to start 2 daily flights to Lyon and 1 more daily departure to Paris Orly and Oran

Great news! We have just been accepted into the Sky Alliance! Thanks to everyone who voted for Desert Airways to join!

Keep going on!

Why are u operating 2 types of turboprop?

I dont think the capacity is so much different.

I am operating two turboprop's because there is less demand on some routes.

Also one more CRJ added!