Do all airports have a demand?

Hi,

So I like to play very small airlines that go where no one else goes.

I usually start in alaska, canada or russia and serve as many little airports as possible with LETS or small planes like that.

My question is do all airports have a minimum demand or do some of them have absolutely no passengers?

I encountered in my games a few airports (especially the very small ones) where I can’t seem to get any demand.

Is it just that I am not offering the proper route or is it that some airports are just dead?

My question is do all airports have a minimum demand or do some of them have absolutely no passengers?

In my experience, there are destinations with zero demand.

There is demand for routes based off real life demand as well. Find out what routes are made from each airport and go from there.

With a decent enough size airline, there is always demand everywhere. The question is just how much. There could be anywhere from one passenger to 100,000 daily. 

Small airports usually have small traffic to specific larger airports only. The key is finding where that traffic is directed to or demand originates from. Once you find the points of interest (or connection), you will be surprised that you could pretty much fill a LET-410 all day or even an occasional ATR, if there is good connection.

Thanks, I had a feeling it was something like that.

I still can’t find any traffic for some airports, I play in Nepal right now. The only “big” airport is kathmandu and I thought there would be demand from there to all the other little airports in the country but some of them seem to have no demand at all.

Maybe I just need to offer more connections

I still can’t find any traffic for some airports, I play in Nepal right now. The only “big” airport is kathmandu and I thought there would be demand from there to all the other little airports in the country but some of them seem to have no demand at all.

Sometimes, it is not possible to simulate realistic networks within airlinesim. However, it is (in most cases) possible to generate sufficient demand through a large number connections at one hub (in your case KTM) and with one daily flight with a small aircraft.

I have taken a quick look at your airline. I have some comments:

1. Do not use anything larger than a LET for all domestic flights, except to Pokhara. 

2) Make sure to fly in waves, so that the nepali airports can connect to each other through Kathmandu.

3) Don't puchase your LET's. Lease them. 

4) Make sure to have flights to Delhi, Mumbai, Bangladesh, Dubai and Doha. These are your most important international feeder airports. 

I have had a company with 150 planes in Nepal - it’s possible, but it requires patience.

I have taken a quick look at your airline. I have some comments:

1. Do not use anything larger than a LET for all domestic flights, except to Pokhara. 

2) Make sure to fly in waves, so that the nepali airports can connect to each other through Kathmandu.

3) Don't puchase your LET's. Lease them. 

4) Make sure to have flights to Delhi, Mumbai, Bangladesh, Dubai and Doha. These are your most important international feeder airports. 

I have had a company with 150 planes in Nepal - it’s possible, but it requires patience.

1. I am filling up a daily Dash 8 Q400 with 80 economy seats to Biratnagar and Nepalganj aswell.

2 I was trying to create connections between the international flights and the domestic ones. I didn't think there was demand between the nepali airports but thanks I'll give it a shot.

3. I am already making a very small profit with my LET's without offering any services on board and rising the ticket price 30%.

I am afraid that leasing them is going to eat up all that profit. They are really not that expensive to buy new, is there any advantages for leasing them that I am missing?

4. All those destinations are already covered on my server by bigger guys, I wanted to try to grow a little bit before I start going after them (I am trying to lay low for now and not piss anyone off)

Thanks for the tips in any case  ^_^