Doubts regarding subsidiaries

You started your post saying "Maybe means maybe…" I dont think anyone is disputing the meaning?

Obviously someone does:

Based on what your saying SK, you imply that maybe means no… Or did I misunderstand your English again?

You do!

This is one entertaining conversation… I’d get responses that make more sense from a brick wall.

I’m sorry guys but this whole thing is appalling…

AirlineSim, is not just a game… but a business! Someone out there is actually getting paid to do something here.

Which also means that every single user within this website, with an exception of a minority, is a paying customer.

A major part of each business throughout the world is Customer Service.

And the entire idea of this is to provide information freely to all customers encountered.

Now i’m not going to sit here and tell you how to run this business.

But what i do know is that;

The Wiki is the first major forum to convey as much information as possible, and

This Forum is another way to interact with the customer regarding various topics.

Among these two, 99% of all queries should be answered.

In the event a direct answer cannot be given, the question SHOULD be forwarded to someone with the knowledge base to thoroughly answer the question, and then added to wiki to avoid future confusion. Perhaps this policy should be adopted?

I will leave you with this side note though;

On average, if an individual has a positive experience as a customer, he is not likely to tell more than 2-3 people.

However, if the same individual has a negative experience, he is likely to tell 8-9 people.

And since a major form of marketing is word of mouth, the way customer service runs can and will kill a business. People talk with their feet.

And now my opinion…

Quit the arrogance, disrespect and absolute rudeness! All of you!

We are all here for the same reason, to play a game.

None of us will ever agree with everything, but we must do the best with the cards that we are dealt.

Play honestly and you’ll benefit for it in the long run…

[indent=1]And remember…

KARMA IS A BITCH![/indent]

Since when did AS become infested with children who constantly think the AS Team is out to get them? It’s a freaking liquidation/bankrupcy you’re talking about. No bankrupcy results in assets getting fair value, it’s always at a discount, just like when you go to a store’s going out of business sale. Sure 15% could be seen as low, but AS doesn’t need to micromanage for everybody’s errors. Think 15% is unfair for your new 739? Go on the forum of your gameworld and entertain offers there. That’s what real companies do with their assets before turning to bankrupcy, they shop them around to see if any party is interested. In Croydon such an A/C would indeed solicit value, seeing as there’s no 739’s on the market. And maybe it’s an error it’s not on the Wiki, but do you guys need your hands held here? Play the game and learn that way and stop blaming your errors on gaps in the Wiki.

As for the many disrespectful comments above, people need to chill the fuck out. It’s a game, but a realistic one. Play it like some fluff Airline Tycoon, and don’t be shocked that it puts you at some disadvantage to other players. But that’s not AS’s fault. I mean, they aren’t perfect, there’s certainly errors they make, but half of these feedback/complaint threads all start with this predisposed arrogance that, as the customer, you’re always right, which is utter BS. Secondly it’s hard to provide customer service if you have the communication skills of an average commenter on Yahoo or YouTube. SK may be German, but his English is far superior to most of the posters here, especially the ones who think he’s misunderstanding them to due to some language barrier. It’s not a language barrier, it’s an idiot barrier and people like SK, and others, like myself, who can actually read and write, have no fucking idea what you people are actually complaining about half the time. It usually takes 4 or 5 disprespectful, nonsensical, 1 sentence or less posts, until someone marginally lays out their beef in a semi-understandable manner, and even then, I think the average drunk at the bar down the street could lay out a complaint better than you twats. Lastly, let me repeat this again, this is a mother fucking game, it’s not determining your job prospects, or your income, it’s meant to entertain. Entertainment always has flaws, because people have completely different understandings of entertainment to begin with.

Cheers!

Rich-

Play the game or simply leave. A business is a business. Like it or not…it’s how life works!

Mate, I am only stating that SK advised me that his English was not perfect which is what may have led to confusion.

Either way, I still play the game against non-cheaters… If people ask a question it’s because they want help and the correct answer. When you are given the wrong answer than you would expect corrective measures be taken. I think that’s what AS needs to look at.

You are right however, better to move on… I got better things to do that let SK and his arrogance piss me off.

I think he said that because he, and everyone else on here, has been having a hard time following your subdialect of English, moron-glish.

And quit calling them cheaters, they aren’t, you’re just trying to use such idiocentric language to help paint yourself as the victim, when really, the only thing you’re a victim of is your own ineptitude at seeing and opportunity to profit as an airline/business. These same pricipals are what happens in the real world as well. If you’re not striving to improve, you fail, plain and simple…

But move along, wouldn’t want Sk’s logic to click or anything, that just might make you mad…

Mate, that whole argument of your just goes to show how you either failed to read anything I said or you did not understand.

Which it seems ‘moron-English’ as you call it is one of your languages.

Practice what you preech numb nuts and don’t go playing the high and mighty card.

Okay, a few of points:

1. Did hakan609’s German comment upset some people here?

2. Has the Wiki been updated to state that deleted companies will receive 15% of the value of any assets, and if not, when will it be updated?

3. RichS, your comment referring to "[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]subdialect of English, moron-glish" is way out of line. Perhaps you were taught the Queens English in German schools (assuming you are German)? (and unsuccessfully judging by your posts) Whatever your background is, perhaps you are unfamiliar with common phrases and colloquialisms in the English language. Perhaps you are also unfamiliar with the common trend to communicate in short messages - as on Twitter and SMS. And when I say "common", I dont mean common people. I refer to common use across all sections of society[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4. I dont want my hand held Richs. All i ask, is for clear, concise, written rules - is that unreasonable? Yes, some things are trial and error. But other things/rules should be clearly communicated in the Wiki.[/font][/color]

ad 2)

Nope, not yet as we wanted to upgrade the wiki and it is closed at the moment. But this will happen soon.

And concerning the other remarks and questions - please stick to the topic …

SK, I just accessed the Wiki, so it is not closed at the moment. May i suggest that you update the Wiki immediately? Surely an expectation of clear, concise, written rules is not unreasonable!

It is closed for changes at the moment:

SK, I just accessed the Wiki, again! It is not closed.

Reset/liquidate enterprise

[color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]To liquidate an enterprise or a holding, you can select this function. All assets will be sold, the buildings will be demolished etc. - exisiting minority stakes will be purchased to AirlineSim and majority stakes will lead to deletion of the daughter enterprise. The shareholder will receive the remaining values divided by there share.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]Prior to deleting an enterprise/a holding you have to confirm a safety question.[/size][/font][/color]

Reading, yes, but not editing - try to edit an article which won’t work… :wacko:

Im sorry, something is lost in translation here. Are you saying that the Wiki is still available, but cant be edited?

Yes

Stevie… Well done for trying to update Wiki… I had this problem weeks ago and you would think AS would have done it by now.

Maybe they lost too many players due to others ‘not cheating’ and ruining the game for many.

It is a learning experience on how to deal with people… Too many people here who make smart ass comments until something pisses them off and then they come out of the woodwork, at least you have been productive mate. It’s a shame with the likes of most people your productivity is wasted.