Eccessive demand?

you are lucky that my english is as lousy as your critics

You made your point, no need to keep hammering on it…

MIDAS02 has an issue with something in the game, a well explained and motivated issue, and you know what, he’s right. You already gave the reason why he is right: the African market is only recently beginning to bloom this much. This happened after the dataset we currently have for demand. Hopefully sometime in the not so far future, we can get our hands on new data and adjust these areas as well. Until then, I’m afraid Africa will still only be a second rate market for airlines.

[color=#1C2837][size=2]

“There’s been a long long post on the old forums, with admin point of view, so not to be arrogant, but you should read it first and then think if it’s worth bringing that issue up again.” - L.J.[/size][/color]

[size="3"][color="#1C2837"][size=2]

[/size][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#1C2837"][size=2]Pardon me for bringing it up. But I suggest you get idiotic remarks out of here. Your post contributed nothing but redundant criticism which, as others will agree, is unnecessary. I feel as though it is my right to discuss game related matters, and bring up whichever issues I desire, as a paying consumer of this product. I should not be hampered by forum fascists![/size][/color][/size]

[/size][/color][/size]

[/size][/color][/size]

in 2010 the demand was 5,3 billion pax worldwide

devau has a demand of 111 million a week or 5,77 pax a year

it’s an overdemand of 400 million a year or 7 million a week or 106% of the real demand

this is negligible o[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][size="2"]r not?[/size][/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"] [/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][size="2"]source: (ACI. Global Traffic Forecast 2006–2025, Edition 2007)[/size][/font]

I fail to see how 6% total overdemand is an issue. Now if there are regions with 26% overdemand and at the same time others with 14% underdemand - that is a problem (I am sure there are such regions but AS inevitably lags real world booms and busts). However, the aviation demand is changing every week so you can’t expect from AS to reflect the constant changes and ups and downs (yearly positive or negative growth). If in 2011 the global demand grows 6% - AS would completely accurate with your logic. AS does not equal IATA who have up to date figures so you’d expect changes to be incorporated with some lag time - I cannot see a problem with this.

There are other far more concerning things in the game that would spoil the fun like the utter uncompetiteveness of long haul flights in relation to ground transport in comparison to regional ones in relation to their ground transport…(that has also to do with demand and affects players much more than what you raise).

Your source is a FORECAST, AS is based on older veryfied data - massive difference and I prefer old valid data rather than some analyst’s forecast who doesn’t have a clue what is going to happen in two years time - refer to 2007-2009 period.

Think: In the really, an really company need a minimun 10 years to establish her operations. Here, only 1 or 2 months are needed.

You really want to need 10 years, to have a medium company in a VIRTUAL GAME? hahaha