Favorite Aircraft type

What is your Favored aircraft (personally), Mine personally is the 727, if you have a reason why you like your chosen aircraft, say it, if you just fancy that aircraft, that is OK, post it.

My favorite plane to fly on is the 737NG series. Being only college age, I've only had the opportunity to fly on DC9 (when I was REALLY young), 737, 757, CRJ200/700/900, and MD-88, so I'd have to say the 737 is my favorite to fly on of those (The Delta MD-88 flight was pretty bad. The redeeming factor was it was only like 20% full which was a cool experience).

However, my favorite in terms of looking has to be the 747. It truly is the queen of the skies!

I dunno, the 'Mad dog' 88 can be nice, if you are up front, the back is pure, molten agony though.

My most pleasant flight was in a Mexicana Fokker 100 during the late 1990s. It was so peaceful compared to the old Mexicana 727 in which I flew during the previous leg of the trip.

I have flown a couple of times in Allegiant Air MD-80 series aircraft (MD-83, MD-88), which was a treat; the highlight for me was exiting via the air stair in the tail (a first for me). 

Visually, though, I have to say that my favorite is the 757-200.

Visually, A340-600, 747, 717-200 or Britten Norman Trislander are my favourite.

To ride on, the 717, 747 or A380. Dash 8 Q400s are alright too

...is the 727

It is more than 22 years ago that I rode in a 727 and I have very fond memories. This aircraft belonged to Iberia and my affection for Iberia started. Even the "bad Iberia" offered a better service than most European carriers offer today as standard. The flight was like a bus-transport and it was so damn hot at the day. The cabin crew was so routine and reluctant to speak English  B). The full 727 made a very long taxi in Madrid-Barajas and I remember the wings with all their flaps and slats hanging out and the flight attendants who made their safety demo. The inflght service was brilliant: one candy (wrapped in plastic with "Iberia" and their logo on it) and one orange juice.

It was also a nice impression because the other legs flown alongside the domestic 727 (with domestic configuration for 172 passengers) were international flights from and to Spain from Germany in the (then new) 147-seat Airbus A320 and 109-seat MD-87. The 727 remained with Iberia until 2001! I think that these flights really started my visual affection for the classic Iberia and I started to collect memorabilia.

My favorite aircraft/livery-combination is:

727 or DC-10 ;)

Boeing 747 -200 or-300 (which were using by Transaero), Tristar and some very old Russian jet planes like tu 134, 154, yak 40, 42, il 62.

It is more than 22 years ago that I rode in a 727 and I have very fond memories. This aircraft belonged to Iberia and my affection for Iberia started. Even the "bad Iberia" offered a better service than most European carriers offer today as standard. The flight was like a bus-transport and it was so damn hot at the day. The cabin crew was so routine and reluctant to speak English  B). The full 727 made a very long taxi in Madrid-Barajas and I remember the wings with all their flaps and slats hanging out and the flight attendants who made their safety demo. The inflght service was brilliant: one candy (wrapped in plastic with "Iberia" and their logo on it) and one orange juice.

It was also a nice impression because the other legs flown alongside the domestic 727 (with domestic configuration for 172 passengers) were international flights from and to Spain from Germany in the (then new) 147-seat Airbus A320 and 109-seat MD-87. The 727 remained with Iberia until 2001! I think that these flights really started my visual affection for the classic Iberia and I started to collect memorabilia.

My favorite aircraft/livery-combination is:

Is it 727 of Iberia or 757 of UTair There isn’t big difference.

Wow, the good ol 72' is surprisingly popular, and I have actually had the privilege of flying in the captain's chair of one of the Northwest ones on one of its final flights, I was very young (6 or 7) and it was flying to permanent storage in the desert. Flying there, with the primitive autopilot and Co-Pilot flying it, is one of my fondest memories from that time and one of my last memories of my uncle before he had his stroke. My father also flew them, but never let me into the hot seat like my uncle. My Father noted the tail number of it so that I could find it again, and I looked it up, and it wasn't scrapped (much to my Surprise) but sold to Amerijet and converted! Source:FAA Registry. It was Tail number N286US, and after it's sales if's number changed to N395AJ. I downloaded a pic of it as seen here-

Finding it was truly too good to be true. That is the story of my affinity towards 727-200s 

If you mean visually then mine has to be the MD-11, Tri-engine aircraft are beautiful

Here is a nice PR-photo once published by Swissair:

Yeah MD-11s are real lookers, 'specially when you see the hole that contains the center engine.

...when you see the hole that contains the center engine

Agree with you and here is another official press-photo:

I flew nearly all plane models of both western and eastern manufacturers (except 707,727,A300 and Antonovs)

Mine is Ilyushin-86. It was my very first flight ever, in the age of 7, going from Simferopol to Leningrad in summer 1987. As a domestic flight from a very small airport, there was no baggage check in. Just enter the airport through a gate in the fence, show the ticket to a stewardess near the plane on a grassy apron, go up the built-in-stairs, stow your baggage on a shelf on the lower deck, and then go upstairs to the upper deck…

Just one year later, I was let in to the cockpit of a Tu154 and was “driving” it for nearly an hour from the copilot’s lap :wink:

And from the ones I flew internationally, Il-62M. Tokyo-Moscow. Most comfy plane ever, huge legroom, very wide seats, and exceptionally silent in the front rows.

Ilyushin-86

The idea with stairs and storage was a very good one but IIRC the weight of this stair was a negative aspect.

Tu154

A wonderful and classic design! Btw one of my "fun" companies (Sparrow Asia Airways) leased one TU5 to provide a very nice experience for up to 164 passengers. 

Il-62M

This aircraft had a very high impact regarding the network of Aeroflot and it is a true classic jetliner. This type and the TU5 were opeated on very interesting legs. I have one old Aeroflot-timetable from 1990 and these aircraft were used on rather long flights with stops with the TU5 deep into Africa!

I like many classic aircraft and one hobby is to collect memorabilia like this slide showing an MD-95 in the livery of ValuJet once published by McDonnell Douglas. Ironically, these MD-95s ehh... Boeing 717s are now becoming part of  highly successful Delta Air Lines:

I have never had the privilege of flying on a Russian airplane of any type, what is it like? the Il-62 is a VERY cool looking aircraft (what with it's engines and all).

The Boeing 727, just something about the aircraft... nothing I can explain just always caught my eye in pictures. Due to my age and location I can only ever recall seeing one in person though the AmeriJet 727 at St. Maarten (SXM).

Nathan, You have chosen a truly incredible aircraft. The most recent one I saw was a FEXEX on at Indianapolis, supposedly retired, yes, did I see one take off, yes. FEDEX lied.

I have never had the privilege of flying on a Russian airplane of any type, what is it like?

The only aircraft that I experienced was the TU154 and I remember the "mood" was something like that ->

Highly valuable video showing the Aeroflot TU-154 (I love such videos :wub:  :wub: !):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTmBzqTHp10

And here is a video made between Delhi and Bangkok aboard an IL-86 of Aeroflot in 1994 :wub: :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52UDM4ifbRw