Final Ranking Based on Company Balance Sheet

Currently the final ranking is based on the pax/cargo carried. However, given the final criteria to determine the success of a company is making money, I think it would make sense to add another final ranking based on net assets (i.e. shareholder’s equity + equity). Additionally, add net assets ranking in the “Statistics” section.

It’s true that a large pax/cargo carrier will likely have a large balance sheet, but the ranking will not be same. Moreover, this ranking will incentivise people to pursue different strategies instead of using more and more dense configurations with lower and lower prices.

1 Like

@EastAsiaAir
I totally agree. The rankings in this game do not reflect the real market.
I would suggest three additions: revenue, assets and profit.

At the moment, the goal seems to be quantity of movements rather than the value of those movements.

I agree. Great idea.
I would also suggest expanding the statistics section and include a section: Seat kilometer offered (SKO).

1 Like

One more vote for that!
Adding SKO or SKT to the Detailed Statistics Tab (the one that is updated weekly and has numbers on pax/week, capacity/week, total pax so far, connections, etc…)

That way someone offering let’s say JFK-LHR would not be behind someone flying 5 daily LHR ORY…

@simulogics @Spezialist Do you think this new ranking is possible to be implemented?

In principle, yes. I can look into it for the next final stats I generate, but no promises.

Which ones are the ones we are talking about now? There were a few different ones mentioned on this thread so far.

I’m more interested in the company net assets, as in my view this is the ultimate criteria to judge the performance of a company.

I vote for SKO, though I don’t shy away from the ‘net assets’ idea.

I agreed.
An airline which operates on a small island using ATR and fly the routes shorter than 30min can get a rk1 on the current rules.

Agree with this. This would be good for further evaluation.
It also places pax airlines and cargo airlines on the same standard.

Wanted to fiddle with some new stats for Yeager, but due to personal circumstances and an already delayed relaunch, I decided against it. But I’ll keep it at the back of my head for the future.