Fly America Newsthread

Hi, this is my first airline newsthread on this forum. Though English is not my native language but I will try to convey as much I can :)

Fly America started operation using MD-80 series aircraft since 17 June,2016 from its hub in Kansas City Airport, USA. Though in first 2 weeks the airline struggled getting profits and even 2 of my previous airlines didnt survive because of very low AGEX . Then I decided to take help from some of the big guys in the market. Surprisingly they signed the interlining agreement and at first most of my flights were to their hubs as my own network was not large enough to support flights. I started expanding mainly by adding more MD-80s from used market, which were already scarce amid some new start ups in the China. Still MD-80s valued at over 1 million were better option than brand new 737s/320s. 737 classics was another option but again problem was availability. B737-200 which were available had negative popularity rating which I couldn't risk given the low AGEX.

After 4 weeks I had a fleet of 20 aircraft and a mini hub in MCI able to support flights to medium size airports in USA. By the end of August,FA was operating 40 MD-80s and the earning was good enough to introduce a A320NEO to the fleet. Afterwards, the fleet expansion consisted of  both MD-80s and A320NEOs.

By the end of October weekly departures from MCI were over 1500 and long haul services were started using 787 aircraft to LHR with the help of Alliance partner, GB Air. Later flights to CDG and MUC were also started using 787-8 aircraft in collaboration with Magic Carpet Airlines and Swiss Europe Express.

At this point a replacement program for MD-80s was started and some routes operated by MD-80s were transferred to 320s, while high density short haul flight were transferred to B787s and A350s.

Now we operate a total of 112(+1 on order) aircraft, of-course mostly MD-80 series, which will gradually be replaced with new aircraft.

Fleet consists of:

75 MD-80s

25 A320NEOs

1 B737-900(Scimitar)

8 B787-8s

1 B787-9 and

1 A350-900XWB

I have not been able to update this thread for quite sometime. Though I have made changes to the fleet, not a lot has been going on with the airline network in the past months.

FLEET

The most important change in the fleet is replacement of MD-80 series aircraft with A320NEOs. Also Boeing 737-900 aircraft have been remove from the fleet and replaced with A321NEO. The only A321CEO will leave the fleet this week.

This leaves following aircraft operational with the airline:

2 A320NEO Heavy

125 A320NEO Light

1 A321NEO

6 A350-900

17 B787-8

2 B787-9

Total: 153 aircraft

Departures MCI: 2555

Airports served: 150

For now I have started focusing on further enhancing network in MCI and latter add another hub as slot situation in major US airports is not ideal at the moment and also the market situation is not very appropriate to start a new hub.