Friday, February 10th, 2012

It takes time to introduce the new aircrafts …

I think, that’s a perfect guess!! …

1st of all, there are still two countries to come. 2nd there are also heavy discussions about an introduction on existing game world. So we will discuss in a team meeting to start with airport data patch first and bring the aircraft update a bit later on, when we have a solution for that.

i think there lots of people who love this game. bring on the new jets!

What kind of discussion???

There is no discussion about introducing the "new" aircrafts among anyone here! Amongst the players! … You promised a realease date of "roughly 2 weeks", which would even be fine with me, if it were 3 or 4 weeks. But pulling back now and doubting the whole thing would be a punch into every ones’ face, looking forward to that day and giving you compliments for your decision to get the game rolling again. …

So be asured that no player and no voice here until now had any arguement vs. introducing 787 anD co.!

He never said there’s a discussion under us players. Which wouldn’t make any sense at all. Me, as player, have to say that we’re NOT the final instance for anything here. That they let us get such deep in the development of AS is an honor and nothing else! Try to get your voice heard while talking to EA, Ubisoft - whatever. You will die before they’ll be interested what you say, YOU little player. You feel getting personally hit just because the plans have to be changed a little.

Sometimes I think anyone here is thinking AirlineSim is developed by a team of 20 or 30 men just for technical things! But when I see it right there are martin as the only “engineer” of AirlineSim (correct me team if I’m wrong) and sk trying to get ALL your thoughts in the options what this LITTLE team can do. Which member really serve as team member besides them? I can’t tell now… Still you all want anything right now but you always have to have in mind there are just some humans for such a BIG game… So, please stay cool in hard times as the team is working on it. I’m pretty sure they’re f**** up with the server issues and performance issues in any kind like we all are (yes, me too) and they want to have anything working well, otherwise their project would fail. Don’t think they want that.

Just want to say that and bring you back in your brain how small the team is working on AirlineSim. If you don’t have a blown mind of programming of such a browser game you should speak a little more silent and speak respectful like you want to someone talks to you.

Peace.

Honestly, bro, that was a lot of rubbish (and some true stuff).

1. Yes, the players should be the finals instance in a game like this. Luckily, I feel there is an understanding for this at the controller side. (Not at your side, it seems)

2.No one is complaining about "change the plans a little", but about the fundamental discussion, which seems to flare up now, wheather to install the aircrafts on the existing game worlds or not.

1. Read my post! I dont want "anything right now", but said, i would wait the double time they expected this to work (4 instead of 2 weeks).

Wie ist der Stand? Haben eure discussions was gebracht?! … Warte und freu mich weiter auf die neuen Flieger!

Nope, unfortunately our team meeting had to be postponed to Sunday evening…

seufz, ok … And my Russian airline is so much looking forward to the SSJ100-75 …

[size="2"]with a [color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif]delivery time of 144H…[/font][/color][/size]

So? Will I get the SSJ-100 in 4 days as roguhly guessed by you?!

I may be a little late getting on this, but…

Actually, I don’t think there’s a single word untrue of what was said by FENCC. AS is indeed developed by a very small team (supported by a few others on the design/support/translation side). Essentially, all programming, certainly all recent programming is done by martin and martin alone.

1. No, players should not be the final instance in a game like this. The final instance always has to be the development team, as they are the only ones that can judge whether something can be implemented or not. Just because players want something doesn’t mean it can and/or will be implemented. What is true, however, is that the team does consult and inform the player base, much more than other games out there do. Consider it, as FENCC said, an honor, perhaps a show of appreciation for your continued loyalty and dedication to the game, but please don’t see it as a core service. It’ll be used as required, that’s about all that can be said about it.

2. Fact is, the discussion, also among players, is about the implementation. It was announced that these aircraft would be added with ‘the next data patch, rough estimate in about 2 weeks’. In addition, it was stated that getting the benefits from the improved fuel usage on the Embraer aircraft would require a re-assignment of flight numbers. This, in turn, led to a discussion about whether this couldn’t be automated in some ‘quick and dirty’ way. As a result of that, sk made his post here, indicating that this could be postponed, pending a team meeting.

3. The fact that you’re so pushy kinda shows this is an untrue statement. You say you’d wait 4 weeks, but keep asking about it every other day. Either you’re patient and wait, or impatient and keep pushing. As far as I can see, the two are irreconcilable…

Now, I suspect that these types will be implemented in due time, but at no point were you promised a definite timeline. A popular phrase in the game development world is "Things Happen"… I’ll leave you with that thought.

I really start to see, there is no point in discussing with you guys … Constructivist criticism is just smashed down and "honoured" with making my red-point-reputation here worse and worse.

And seriously. Where is the contradiction in saying, I would give you the double time and still politely asking, if YOUR rough timeline will be effective or not … But if you feel offended so quickly, then well … that’s the way it is! …

I’m afraid that’s all the community’s doing. I think of all the ‘votes’ that are cast there, maybe 1 is from the team, so you’d need to look at your fellow forum users for that reputation… Or perhaps at your attitude. There’s not much constructive about flames towards other players. Read the post I quoted over again to find those flames.

This is not what I would consider asking politely:

The use of ?!, making it an exclaimed question, putting clear urgency in it, perhaps emphasizing displeasure or placing irony into it, along with the eye-rolling emoticon, make that this is a less than polite question, and more of a pushy one. Besides, the politeness of a question has nothing to do with the urgency. You’re either willing to wait a while, or you’re impatient and need to ask about it every other day. The way the question is framed has no influence on that.

And finally:

Discussing goes both ways. You have your idea of how things are, I have my idea. Unfortunately for you, my idea is slightly more educated than your own, since I am closer to the development team. Something inherent to supporting them. In that capacity, I didn’t just disagree with what you said, I gave you an extensive explanation of why your view is incorrect. If, to you, that appears to indicate it’s impossible to discuss things, then I’m sorry, but that’s on you, not us. I’m open for discussion, and if you have anything to counter my arguments (see my post above, #33), feel free. A discussion, as said, goes both ways. Too often, I’ve noticed that people think that, if someone disagrees with their opinion, then a discussion isn’t possible. That’s the fundamental thing of a discussion though. After all, if everyone were in agreement, then there would be no discussion, there would just be yea-saying.

@ sk

Could you inform us about the results of the sunday-meeting?

Some players, like me, need to make decisions about future fleet development.

Thanks!

Also is it possible for some A/C performance of the 787 to be shown here (mainly speed, range, and runway requirements).

Unfortunately no news so far. And you can be sure that you will be informed as soon as there is a decission. Due to the fact that the aircraft are still in trial on the test server, we do not publish any technical data at the moment as they are subject to change!

Well i was mainly curious. Thanks anyway.

@sk

I want to ask you about something else. During last months you updated lots of airports with new data, added new airports. This process is finished ? How about Europe’s airports ?

I’m curious when these will be updated. I don’t need a promise or a deadline. Just something like : next month, in 3 months time, this year.

Thank you