Great new little and brave Airline seeking Jets

Hi guys,

my brave little Airline China Central Air is going to renew their fleet.

We already finished changing our YAK 42-D and TU-134 into modern Embraer 195 AR. Now we want to start changing our (great, but old and thirsty) TU 154-M in somehow modern jets.

Is there anybody on Ellinikon able and willing to help us with that change?

Best regards

fug001

If I where you i would not try to change fleet but change my whole airline. Transfer all funds to an other enterprise and restart. You will never be able to recover the image damage caused form those old planes and in an as competitive market as China you cant afford being a small player with bad image.

If I where you i would not try to change fleet but change my whole airline. Transfer all funds to an other enterprise and restart. You will never be able to recover the image damage caused form those old planes and in an as competitive market as China you cant afford being a small player with bad image.

Well no. Not this good airline... ;)

Trying to survive in this competitive market so far was ok and successful. I am earning money, my EBITDA is about 33%, Image is still green. When I manage to change the rest of the fleet in the next few weeks, my airline will survive I guess and maybe be able to grow.

Thats not what I am saying. I am in no regard questioning your competence. What I am saying is that if you plan to have a modern fleet I would suggest you do it in a new company because that image penalty of those planes will bring your overall image down forever. It will be very hard reaching 5 green bars in your current company while in a new company it could go in the first day. No need to get defensive and throw your stats in. 

Thats not what I am saying. I am in no regard questioning your competence. What I am saying is that if you plan to have a modern fleet I would suggest you do it in a new company because that image penalty of those planes will bring your overall image down forever. It will be very hard reaching 5 green bars in your current company while in a new company it could go in the first day. No need to get defensive and throw your stats in. 

Yeah, I understand what you mean. But I started in China a few weeks ago, when a big airline left. So I had the chance to take slots in PEK and so on. When I now restart my airline, I will lose these slots I guess. So I hope to change fleet and survive by keeping at least my slots. And the stats show that the airline is able to survive right now (inspite of 1 green image bar and high prices).

You can just reschedule you planes in an other company, 30 planes isn't a lot and you will keep the slots. Anyways if I were you I would look into my finances a bit. An EBITA of 33% for a startup with high prices is a bit low. 

CBE used wrong words, not meaning restarting like hitting the restart button, but rather switching your flight plans over to a new Airline (sub) flight by flight, aircraft by aircraft. You do not lose the slots in the process.

CBE used wrong words, not meaning restarting like hitting the restart button, but rather switching your flight plans over to a new Airline (sub) flight by flight, aircraft by aircraft. You do not lose the slots in the process.

How can I switch flight plans from one airline to another?

How can I switch flight plans from one airline to another?

You recreate them. As CBE said, 30 planes is not a lot.

You recreate them. As CBE said, 30 planes is not a lot.

Ok, thanks for your hints.

Ok, thanks for your hints.

Another hint, open two browser windows, one regular one incognito, log into both airlines, recreate the flight plan, same times, don’t worry about slots if they are red, just finish the second flight plan, after you are done, lock the first flight plan, if you had any red slots on the second flight plan just move the flights on the first flight plan to a different time of day for a period of 3 days while locked and then delete the flight plan after 3 days. If it is not possible to move those flights from the first flight plan to other times, then just delete the first flight plan. Then go to the second flight plan and click edit on any of the red flights with red slots, and save, all red flights with red slots will now be yellow, activate the second flight plan with 3 days delay.

Rinse and repeat.

Anybody out there able or willing to lease me 25-30 good image jets for low rates? :slight_smile:

With the starting capital of 10 Mio. that a new airline gets, I am not able to lease enough jets to save my slots.

Take the profit from your existing Company and transfer the money back to your holding. And then replace plane by plane. It will take some time. But you can save all your slots.

Anybody out there able or willing to lease me 25-30 good image jets for low rates? :)

With the starting capital of 10 Mio. that a new airline gets, I am not able to lease enough jets to save my slots.

No no no, don’t do it. What I meant (what Rubio toold you) was that instead of adding new good image planes to your existing company you should transfer that money to a new SUBSIDARY and get the good aircraft here. Meaning that you still have your bad image carrier to hold the slots and kick start the new one. Then finally when everything is transferred the old airline could die off.

No no no, don't do it. What I meant (what Rubio toold you) was that instead of adding new good image planes to your existing company you should transfer that money to a new SUBSIDARY and get the good aircraft here. Meaning that you still have your bad image carrier to hold the slots and kick start the new one. Then finally when everything is transferred the old airline could die off.

Yes, I understood that. Another plan could be to found a new holding, lease cheap good image jets and then transfer flightplan by flightplan to the new airline. Transfering the money from the old subsidiary to a new subsidiary seems to be difficult. There are only about 4 Mio. cash right now. And transferring all step by step when a jet gets back to AS will take a long time.

But on the other hand… …interesting project.

Transferring everything step by step, using a LET so I can transfer small amounts…

I think, I will try that really.

Better option. You can interline with the existing sub. And hence fill your flights fast.