Historic Game world?

I thought it would be i good idea to have a game world where it starts in the fifties and uses historic aircraft types and more lenient rules like the noise rules and the historic types like the bac 1-11 is more popular.

Suggested time and time again.

Not trying to be a jerk. :) Many, many people (myself included) would like to see the same thing -- that's why it gets suggested so much. According to the AS team, it is in the works, but it takes a lot of research, and research takes time.

and it will not start in the fifties ..... it will start in the 90's and if we are really lucky and have sufficient data ,, maybe mid 80's ..... at least thats what is in the planning so far ... but its extremely difficult to get the data already from that timeframe ...

Currently we still want this by ourself. As written before by BenjaminA330 it is extremly difficult to have the related data. The aircraft are almost complete for a setting in the mid 80s, but completely missing all geographical and demand data. We are still looking for an old OAG which would help in here extremely, but that's hard to find.

Hi,

you have to be very young to call the nineties historic  :P

Jan

Currently we still want this by ourself. As written before by BenjaminA330 it is extremly difficult to have the related data. The aircraft are almost complete for a setting in the mid 80s, but completely missing all geographical and demand data. We are still looking for an old OAG which would help in here extremely, but that's hard to find.

SK you don't have make 100% if you have problem with data

Why you simply not cut today traffic for 50% and you will have approximately data.

use same airports like today, but cut slots for 50% and you have game ;)

That's only half of the fun ;)

I also think that a historic server should be well researched...just cutting demand to half wont work, I mean there were totally different traffic streams than there are now...Internet and with it the advent of low cost carriers (not saying that there were no low cost airlines before, but I think the wide availiblity of internet gave them a huge advantage) changed quiet a lot of things. Also many destinations which were popular back then are not as popular anymore and vice versa. Also, the general mentality of the passengers changed. Flying was not as common as it is now. People looked for quality (and were more willing to pay for it), rather then for the cheapest fare as many people do right now...

and it will not start in the fifties ..... it will start in the 90's and if we are really lucky and have sufficient data ,, maybe mid 80's ..... at least thats what is in the planning so far ... but its extremely difficult to get the data already from that timeframe ...

Please make sure that there is a Concordski (no relation to the Concorde)! (TU-144D with RD-36-51 engines) - Yes it costs alot to operate, but it is so much more awesome than the Concorde.

I also think that a historic server should be well researched...just cutting demand to half wont work, I mean there were totally different traffic streams than there are now...Internet and with it the advent of low cost carriers (not saying that there were no low cost airlines before, but I think the wide availiblity of internet gave them a huge advantage) changed quiet a lot of things. Also many destinations which were popular back then are not as popular anymore and vice versa. Also, the general mentality of the passengers changed. Flying was not as common as it is now. People looked for quality (and were more willing to pay for it), rather then for the cheapest fare as many people do right now...

I agree. Although to be honest I don’t think this simulator is very accurate in the terms of real world pax bookings. Low cost carriers are one major example, because price is not nearly are strong a factor as it should be as far as ORS is concerned.

If I remember correctly back in the 80’s very long haul flights were almost non-existant. Partly due to aircraft performance and partly due to point to point traffic being less. Again, from memory I believe Anchorage was a popular stopover point for PAX between Asia and the U.S. as a refueling point.

All that being said, where there are gaps in data approximations can probably be made without sacrificing too much realism. Obviously many people would like to see a retro server, myself included and some compromise on data may be required.

This might sound very stupid.. but might one of the larger / older real world airlines be willing to share this "old" data?

This wouldn't help much as they only cover (small) part of the world.