HOOVER AGEX

Hey there!

I just wonder if anybody already feels the dropping AGEX or at what level we are going to notice decline in load factors? I know 835 right now cannot really be regarded as low but I am interested in how you guys are doing and experiencing the current decline.

No effects on my airline although I (mostly) use a wave system so I'm not expecting effects for a while yet.

I feel it, especially at long haul

On top of that fuel prices are up quite a few %.   :lol:

One of the features highlighted in the AirlineSim blog at launch was "Slowly increasing demand over time"

At this point I think this is outright misleading since the AGEX clearly has a downward trend for over 6 months now. It is in fact "slowly decreasing trend"

Screenshot_20180607-201140.jpg

This is the traffic development of Hoover since start. I’d say, despite a declining AGEX, the traffic volume is still pointing straight up!

traffic figures represent supply, not demand

demand relates to AGEX - how many passengers want to travel

Hmm. If you won’t listen to Matth, I don’t know who should tell you…

Imagine that you had 2 Hoover servers. Same AGEX.

Hoover 1 has a slow increase of pax, and therefore a demand of 50.000.000 pax right now.

Hoover 2 has the complete demand from the beginning - maybe 75.000.000 from day 1.

While the demand is controlled by the AGEX, then the slow increase of pax influences how many pax that the AGEX controls…

That’s how it works.

hmmm I was quite sure that AGEX = demand = number of pax who want to travel, seems to be one of the mysteries of AGEX

so passenger demand is independent of AGEX? if this case what does AGEX affect? price sensitivity of PAX?

thanks

There are two factors coming together here.

Generally, yes: AGEX is what influences demand - and when the overall demand data is constant, AGEX is the only thing that will affect global demand.

For new game worlds however, demand data isn't at the full value at start, but increases over several months - it's not yet at standard level like other long-term game worlds are.

So in combination, our demand setting is increasing in the background and AGEX might add some to that or take some away. With AGEX currently going down, it probably evens out. But there's some space on the market to fill, as Matth has shown that airlines are still transporting more and more passengers and cargo every week. You can trust those numbers, they are just take from the Hoover statistics page - you can check it yourself: Just select passengers/week and display all airlines - you'll get the total passengers transported that week at the bottom of the page.

traffic figures represent supply, not demand

demand relates to AGEX - how many passengers want to travel

If a server has only a few airlines, then yes, I would agree with you. Traffic figures indicate supply, not demand. In the first few weeks, supply is probably lower than demand and the stats show supply.

By now, I’m pretty convinced that there is in almost all markets enough supply to meet demand. Otherwise all airlines should fly at or nearly at capacity (i.e. being 100% full). If you look at my statistics page of Hoover, the top players/airlines are at a good 88-90% load in average. Mature world’s have an average load closer to 70% at the moment (low AGEX).

Therefore I’d argue that the supply is close to demand, but there’s still more supply than demand, therefore the graph shown is an indication that demand is, despite a declining AGEX, growing.

If people have declining passenger numbers then I would argue that those come from more intensive competition and the faster growth of supply compared to demand. I expect, that over time, Hoover will become more and more difficult to play as the average loads will go down further. But this has nothing to do with declining demand, but growing supply.

ok, that makes sense now

Looks like it's in free fall again.

read the above comments they "expect" it to become more difficult to play, it looks like they are adjusting demand and AGEX to hit a target average load factor

I hope they won't push it to 60-70% LF to "purge" the world of bad and unsuspecting players

I am thinking of building a cash reserve myself

read the above comments they "expect" it to become more difficult to play, it looks like they are adjusting demand and AGEX to hit a target average load factor

I hope they won’t push it to 60-70% LF to “purge” the world of bad and unsuspecting players

I am thinking of building a cash reserve myself

Just a wee bit of advice… rethink your strategy if you are struggling now. My % is rising, without me doing anything at all. It’s at 93.8 now.

I hope they won’t push it to 60-70% LF to “purge” the world of bad and unsuspecting players

The demand is/was adjusted, but only in one direction. Up. And only during the start of a world. This is a normal procedure, to counter some of the tricks you can exploit when demand is much higher than supply.

The Agex is not adjusted at all, it is calculated automatically and just follows a given function oscillating up and down.

Your “target” load factor is just an observation from other worlds. As the world matures, it will sort of find an equilibrium where the game play stabilizes itself. It’s all done through the players themselves, not by changes of parameters from outside.

There is no intentional purging of players!

Down 39 points today....so all the last few weeks increase has been cancelled

Yes, isn’t it fantastic? I was already worried it would keep increasing. Now I am hopeful again, it will drop to the lower 700s - good for business

Down 39 points today....so all the last few weeks increase has been cancelled

It usually stays in 700 level for about 3 months. It may experience temporary hikes to lower 800s in the process but count on about 3 months in the 700s range.

Yes, isn't it fantastic? I was already worried it would keep increasing. Now I am hopeful again, it will drop to the lower 700s - good for business

When the AGEX is low, you loose passengers. When the AGEX is high, your competitors win passengers ;-)

I dont think the game gets easier with a higher AGEX. The problem on Hoover is fierce competition - enjoy free slots as long as the AGEX is low!