How best to change a different type of plane for a route?

I am currently using a CJR1000 NewGen and would like to take it off it's current route and replace it with a CJR900. The route currently has the next 3 days worth already listed on the Flight plan so because I am downsizing how would this effect any bookings that may have already taken place if I am to list with the 3 day activate?

Any flight already booked into the system will be unaffected of changes made to the flight plan.

If you transfer the flight plan to a new (smaller) plane and activate it with 3 days delay, the new plane will take over starting in three days. The currently booked flights will be flown with the existing, bigger aircraft.

Make sure you keep the seats (to keep the F/As) and pilots on the old plane for this time.

And even though there’s a different plane assigned to the flight plan, you will continue to get passenger bookings on those flights already booked in.

Also a good tip: don’t just switch the schedule to a new plane at any random time. Wait until a flight back to your hub has been scheduled for your old plane. That way, if you want to start the old plane on new routes, you can start it from home and you don’t run the risk of it not making it’s reposition time and having your flight canceled.

So let's say I purchase a CJR900 now and immediately assign it to flight no's 41-44 and have it executed for 3 days from now and then assign a new schedule for the current aircraft for 3 days time, the transition should in theory run smoothly?

Theoretically, yes. if you're transferring the flight plan from the old aircraft to the new using the transfer tool at the bottom of the flight plan page, the new aircraft will pick up where the old aircraft left off automatically.

If you delete the flights one-by-one from the old aircraft and then assign them to the new aircraft, you'll have to choose "Activate Flight Plan (3 Days Delayed)" after the flights are assigned to the new aircraft.

WARNING: If you assign new flights to the old aircraft, you MUST CHOOSE "Activate Flight Plan (3 Days Delayed)" when you start the new routes on the old aircraft; otherwise, the new flights will overlap with the old ones and you'll have a bunch of cancellations and a big ol' mess.

Theoretically, yes. if you're transferring the flight plan from the old aircraft to the new using the transfer tool at the bottom of the flight plan page, the new aircraft will pick up where the old aircraft left off automatically.

If you delete the flights one-by-one from the old aircraft and then assign them to the new aircraft, you'll have to choose "Activate Flight Plan (3 Days Delayed)" after the flights are assigned to the new aircraft.

WARNING: If you assign new flights to the old aircraft, you MUST CHOOSE "Activate Flight Plan (3 Days Delayed)" when you start the new routes on the old aircraft; otherwise, the new flights will overlap with the old ones and you'll have a bunch of cancellations and a big ol' mess.

Thank you okiecub. I guess I will have to do them manually as I will need to activate it after 3 days and I don't think that would be possible if I use the 'transfer plan' feature.

Off topic but I am currently configuring my cabin for my new CJR900 NewGen. If I have 9 business seats I will have a 4bar for Flight attendant, where as if I have 8 Business seats I will have 5bar for attendant. My question is, how many points difference is it on the ORS for 4bar and 5bar attendant. I currently have ORS 88 for Business with my CJR1000 NewGen (5bar Flight Attendant) but my next competitor has 82 ORS so clearly it would be beneficial to have 9 seats instead of 8 but to what detriment?

If you transfer the whole flight plan to a new aircraft the flights get automatically activated with a three day delay.

If you transfer the whole flight plan to a new aircraft the flights get automatically activated with a three day delay.

Brilliant! Thanks for that Matth