How quickly does time pass ?

I just started playing airlinesim and I was wondering about how long a game day takes to pass in real time.

Other airline simulations compress time so that it passes faster but this one seems to run in real time.

I could'nt find any info on this before I joined.

Game is real time with real GMT zones

If you look on airport information you can see

Time zone UTC - xx:xx

Here you can run a real time airline :slight_smile:

The time is not suppressed as in other simulations so if a flight in real life takes 1 hour, it will take 1 hour in the simulation. HOWEVER anything money related is multiplied by 4. So instead of month end closing you have week end closing. You are charged weekly for aircraft lease rather than monthly. That also means the profit you make on a flight is 4x the real world. So no time suppression, as such, but there is an element to keep things interesting 

Ian

And manufacturing new planes is a much faster activity in the simulation too. For example, if you order a new 737, then it will be delivered less than 24 hours later.

Well, this is a simulation game and not real life.

There's no way my life can focus for a year or several years on one game world that's plodding along in real time.

That's why usually these type of games are compressed in time dramatically.

But you guys seem to be ok with that so that's cool.

I'm just glad I found out before I spent money on it.

Gary... it seems like a really good compromise and by far the most realistic simulation out there

Gary... I thought so as well in the beginning... now I actually like it (real time). I also play Airwaysim where time flies by 35 mins/day. You will need to spend much more of your daily time online when you play other simulations...us here actually can have a life :) So if you have to fly out for a meeting or you cannot log into game for 2 days because it's Christmas and you want to be with your family, nothing really bad happens ... other simulations... you need to be online at least once or two times a day or something bad happens to your airline.

Gary... I thought so as well in the beginning... now I actually like it (real time). I also play Airwaysim where time flies by 35 mins/day. You will need to spend much more of your daily time online when you play other simulations...us here actually can have a life :) So if you have to fly out for a meeting or you cannot log into game for 2 days because it's Christmas and you want to be with your family, nothing really bad happens ... other simulations... you need to be online at least once or two times a day or something bad happens to your airline.

Never thought of that. But you are so right. I just started to appreciate this game even more!

Yes, that can be a good thing