Interest rates

I believe the loan system, particularly the weekly interest rates, are completely messed up.

A 5% weekly interest rate amounts to a total interest in excess of 1000%, 10x the aircraft price.

I can’t see the purpose of offering a financing method that is pretty much useless?! You could probably get better conditions from a local loan shark.

Please change the system to an yearly interest rate, paid in weekly or monthly installments. Even if you double or triple the percentage, it’ll still make more sense than it does now…

Cheers,

Mike

I completely agree with that point. Buying aircraft on credit are supposed to be cheaper than leasing, but the interest payment exceeds the principle itself within 5 months if not faster. This is completely unrealistic. I can see why most of players never buy aircraft at all.

The interest rates should be changed, and can be easily changed - next time when a new server is rolled out, simply set the interest rates from X% to X%/52 in the calculation, which will solve the problem immediately.

Maybe the development team hasn't done so because they want to teach you leverage is dangerous when you run a business? LOL

Yeah the way interest is calculated is just ridiculous, and it’s a major trap for inexperienced players who buy on credit because they’d never even consider the possibility of the interest being so ridiculously high.

We keep reading post after post of newbies making the same mistake. How many more never even come to the forums, and just leave the game in frustration? How many potential customers did the game lose, and will keep losing, because of this?

The economy in Airlinesim has a timescale of 1:52. Both interests and profits are calculated per week. Just imagine the game was real time: You set up your new airline, and you have to wait for one real year to lease your next aircraft! I don´t think that would be fun.

The problem is, that prices for buying and leasing do not fit.

Yet the depreciation and aging of aircraft is in real time (1:1)

The economy in Airlinesim has a timescale of 1:52. Both interests and profits are calculated per week. Just imagine the game was real time: You set up your new airline, and you have to wait for one real year to lease your next aircraft! I don´t think that would be fun.

At the current rate it takes somewhat over 2 years to fully pay a plane bought on credit. So using your 1:52 ratio, that would imply IRL airlines take more than 100 years to fully pay a loan on a plane?

Might as well remove the buy on credit feature for how useless it is at this moment. All it does is create trouble for newbies who may never become paying customers as a result of this stupid gimmick.

Buying a plane on credit is absolutely useless.

The problem is the different timescales. Why not just use one timescale for the whole game? In my opinion this is the main problem of Airlinesim from the beginning.