IPOs

Curious about why a lot of people have been starting IPOs despite the fact that very few in Quimby have enough equity to invest. Am I missing some detail?

Quimby is a limited time server, so the short term benefits of an investment might compensate for the long term losses, specially as it's a very competitive world (1200 players) where an initial financial edge can make the difference. Also, people might want to test how an IPO works like without messing up their airlines in other servers.

Quimby is a limited time server, so the short term benefits of an investment might compensate for the long term losses, specially as it's a very competitive world (1200 players) where an initial financial edge can make the difference. Also, people might want to test how an IPO works like without messing up their airlines in other servers.

My point though was that very few players have enough equity to subscribe to an IPO right now. As in the system won't allow players to invest until they have more equity. So most of the IPOs fail. Are players not aware about the equity requirement?

They might be, but is there a penalty for a failed IPO at all? If not, one might as well try.

@bobb

No penalty at all. You may just try it again and again and again ... :)

and end up with a quarter of the money you could actually make...

personally, I think, people are just not thinking...