Jetways

I was reading the Data Patches, and I always though the AS terminal 1 was 3 star with no jetways. Why does it say sometimes when a airport is updated Jetways added.

I use DPS as a hub. How do I find out if DPS has jetways if they do.

AS terminal is 3 star and jetways depend if the real life airport has jetways or not.

So a RL jetways airport would have jetways with AS handlin, non-jetway RL airport would have no jetways with AS handling.

I use DPS as a hub. How do I find out if DPS has jetways if they do.

Yes AS standard terminal would have jetways in DPS in AS.

see here

https://maps.google.com.do/maps?gs_rn=48&gs_ri=psy-ab&cp=6&gs_id=az&xhr=t&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.70810081,d.cWc&biw=1467&bih=666&dpr=1.09&um=1&ie=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=do&cid=16100890308228402207&q=denpasar+airport&sa=X&ei=oaPBU7HBCbDIsATyrIGQDA&sqi=2&ved=0CIIBEPwSMAs

Would this affect the rating of my flights.

Yes, the (departure) terminal is also a part of the flight rating.

I may be missing something here, but for the default AS services, the rating is sometimes one green bar, other times it is two. I could understand the difference if that was jet vs no jetway, but it isn’t. Is it effected by anything else?

No there are some airports with jetways and some without (AS handling). depends on real life situation. Those with one bar are without jetways, those with two bars are with jetways.

Those with one bar are without jetways, those with two bars are with jetways.

Which "bar" do you mean?

Which "bar" do you mean?

I think the poster in Post 6 (to whom I replied) meant the green bars in flight rating.

I think the poster in Post 6 (to whom I replied) meant the green bars in flight rating.

I indeed did, but I have seen cases where at PHX, some departing flights have one green bar under terminals, and others two despite both using default AS handling.

Using the 2=Jetway logic, I was able to track down that it appears PHX does not have jetways in AS (although I feel like I have seen it before) yet in reality it does. SK, can you confirm that in AS, PHX does not have jetways?

Yes it does have jetways

When you depart from terminal without jetways your ORS rating is not the same as the other way around

e.g. A (jetways) -> B (no jetways) flight has better ORS in C than B (no jetways) -> A (jetways) flight, given the same price and service.

Yes it does have jetways

When you depart from terminal without jetways your ORS rating is not the same as the other way around

e.g. A (jetways) -> B (no jetways) flight has better ORS in C than B (no jetways) -> A (jetways) flight, given the same price and service.

That was my understanding, but my ORS for ABQ-PHX is higher than PHX-ABQ and the only difference is that the ABQ-PHX route has two green bars for terminals but PHX-ABQ has one…

What happens when we build our own terminals? We have the stars option (1-5 stars), and the jetways option (with or without).
In this case the stars are not the green bars? We would only get 5 green bars if we go for 5 stars AND jetways at the same time?

No. Treat flight rating (the green bars) and terminal rating as two separate things. The flight rating is dependent on the terminal rating but there are also a lot of other factors such as price, seats, catering, etc. Terminal is just one of those factors. Of course a good terminal helps with the rating but it will not influence the entire rating.

If you ever build a terminal never build anything less than 5 stars and jetways. Lower spec terminals are pointless.

1 Like