Large scale slot bloking

CBE - are you still investigating on a server where you do not play? Or will you stop accusing other airlines here on the forum?

This whole thread is absurd and makes no sense for me - and I am playing on Gatow.

Best would be to close this thread instead of reading facts about Sweden and discussing a non-existing strategy of a player who is also not playing on Gatow.

Well, first of all, there is clear information when you select the gameworld that it's an advanced gameworld. You for sure had seen screen like this:

eoU1lIf.png

Why don't you practice on Quimby which still has 86% of slots?

The server will be going on for a few more months, you can practice and learn... and most of all, it has new dynamic turnaround settings which you should practice because the new launched gameworld in the future will have those dynamic turnaround settings.

http://quimby.airlinesim.aero/app/info/airports/2745

You will not gain much progress if you just read, you need to read and practice. You do not become a swimmer by watching videos and reading about swimming. You need to practice. You can watch how to swim, but then you need to try it on your own. You then go back to instructor for help, and then practice upon the feedback you get.

Quimby might be actually the best server for you, because of its limited time. This means that most advanced players do not take it "seriously" and only set up airlines to try new things, such as dynamic turnaround times, but they do not spend time and effort to become the "biggest/largest/dominant" there (with the exception of some Chinese players, but they are a different story, and you are not interested in China anyway). What this means is that you will be competing against newbies and medium-advanced players, but not against the "crushers" - they simply will not spend that time and effort on a server that will be shut down in a few months.

This is your best opportunity to learn AirlineSim. And you must part with some of your "ideas" and "wishes". I put it a different way: we all are dreamers. Some of us start our own businesses. We all have dreams and ideas of what that business should look like and what we want to do. Most of the times, though, in real life you find out that the way you imagine things will work, is not the way they will work. The dreams you had about how your business should look or what it should do, must be changed dynamically, rose-colored dreams abandoned for a grain of reality, and adjustments made in order for your business to survive. A person may dream to open the best XYZ-cuisine classic restaurant in town because his own family recipes are very tasty and delicious, only to find out nobody comes in to dine, and he has to abandon the dream to have a classic romantic restaurant with waiters uniformed in white suits, to transform it into a cheaper faster-moving food-on-the-go outfit, so he can survive. Just an example.

I am entrepreneur in real life, and I have found out over and over, that your ideas you have when you start a business are not the same thing the business will look like/be operated after you gain some experience, and are faced with realities of the market. I do not know what is your profession, but if you have ever studies business-related subjects (or even law) you must understand that things are very dynamic and very rarely they turn out the way you want them to turn out in the beginning.

These are the words of encouragement, not of a critique. These are the words to help you understand that you need to adapt to the realities of this simulation, and when you do, you can enjoy it tremendously. The simulation will not adapt to you, you must adapt to it, and to do so, you must let go of some of your ideas or concepts you have envisioned. I can assure you that if you are challenge-seeking, you like to discover new way to do things, analyze and implement business models, etc., you will not find a simulation with even a close resemblance of AirlineSim.

I recommend you start on Quimby, learn and practice. The decision is ultimately yours.

Quimby will close 15th of February.

But why is this thread still going completely off-topic? Can you discuss this either via PMs or in a dedicated thread please?

@Silen

I appreciate you trying a new technique though the "new technique" that you are trying is actually slo blocking by using small cheap aircraft to hold slots under your control until you or somebody else can use them. I agree that the cargo demand on most of the airports that you are slot blocking is pretty low except for BKK. What makes the slot blocking even more likely is that your main hub according to you is ESB and your alliance member is a Turkish airline with a hub in ESB. I have no evidence that you are blocking the slots at ESB for him, your self, a friend later to use. There is also an other airline based in ESB and you could block slots for him so that he can not harm your friend. These can all be your possible intentions to block slots. Hubs like Kabul is no problem to fly around with PC-12s but larger airports like ESB, XIY, BKK, etc are from what I know from the AS rules considered slot blocking especially as BKK and ESB are very slot constrained and BKK is a high cargo demand airport.

I do understand max having 10 PC-12s stationed in one airport with low cargo demand (like ESB) or having an entire fleet operating out of small airports both in cargo and passengers like Kabul, though flying 50 PC-12s out of ESB or even having a PC-12 at BKK is truly slot blocking.

Anyways I am signing of from this case and SK has taken over the investigation after I reported your airline and handed over my evidence.

Your airline is probably still "just over the line" for slot blocking but the other one operating PC-12s has passed far over the line and should be shut down, but as i said this is not my investigation anymore.

Hm, you can start a big company also on an existing game world with competitors.

But the hardest way is on a major airport in Europe.

Look for countries were big players quit. In Gatow two weeks ago the biggest Chinese player leaves the server.

Or in Canada, where I started some weeks ago, was it possible to build up a middle large airline in a few weeks.

I have now over 300 aircraft in two Airlines. And the main competitor is nearly inactive.

Go away from the point that you have to start in YOUR country. Europe and the USA are on every server challenging.

And slot blocking:

As long there is a plan and demand, why not fly with smaller aircrafts? My feeder network also have smaller aircrafts for low demand airports.

The Canadian market screams for a decent sized 19, 29, or 40 seat aircraft capable of flying 2,500-3,500km.  Right now there is simply a dearth of new aircraft capable of flying those distances.  On Devau I've ended up flying a ton of PC-12's because there just isn't any available aircraft to fly to those small 1 bar airports with tiny runways.

People complain about using PC12's but the Dash is too big and ATR's (and Let's) simply don't have the legs to reach.  If you have a goal of flying to every airport that has demand then you end up using less than ideal aircraft.

(I know the older Dash's will work as well but they are frequently hard to find...plus would add an extra maintenance category.)

2016-01-03 16:30 LT CBE Cargo has been founded in Karlstad.
2015-12-13 21:18 LT CBE Cargo has been founded in Karlstad.
2015-11-30 21:33 LT CBE Cargo has been founded in Karlstad.
2015-11-19 10:29 LT CBE Cargo has been founded in Karlstad.

2015-11-18 22:20 LT CBE Cargo has been founded in Karlstad.

It seems as though the Airlinesim gumshoe stops in quite often....

I found CBE Cargo to be able to access some certain functions in a game world where I do not play or when I want to see if there are any good used aircraft if I would consider to start in that world. I was actually quite interested in starting on Gatow because of the 757s and 737s that are available for decent prices. I use the CBE Cargo name as I only have to click C, arrow down and then enter and I have typed in the name and then I do the same thing for the code and I get CBE and then I write in KSD (Karlstad) as it is technically the city I was born in (my village did not have a hospital) and it is the city I have lived in the majority of my life (I live in Malmö).

What do my airlines that I have founded but that are liquidated have to do with slot blocking on Gatow?

Furthermore I have decided to not start on Gatow since the CEO of the largest airline is stalking my every move with an exact time stamp. If he does this then most likely others do it aswell. I would not feel welcome or even feel good playing when the players act like KGB agents knowing absolutely your every move you have ever taken on that server with the exact time of the move.

Now you have made Simulogics loose €3.74 per month by securing that I will never play on Gatow as long as I know the KGB have their strong hold there.

This topic could be closed as it is not longer needed.

@CBE

Then I have nothing more to tell you. If your opinion is that using small aircraft equals slot blocking, well then...better write a support ticket to remove small aircraft from the game. As long as they are there I don't see any way using them should be "illegal" as you claim it to be.You can also write a support ticket for every airline on every server that's using smaller aircraft than A318 on airports above 4 bars - since they are slotblocking and destroying the entire simulation. 

Please mind your own affairs and stop troubling other people for no reason. Don't create any fuzz where there isn't any. Thanks.

What do my airlines that I have founded but that are liquidated have to do with slot blocking on Gatow?

Furthermore I have decided to not start on Gatow since the CEO of the largest airline is stalking my every move with an exact time stamp. If he does this then most likely others do it aswell. I would not feel welcome or even feel good playing when the players act like KGB agents knowing absolutely your every move you have ever taken on that server with the exact time of the move.

Alleged slot blocking....

If you have decided not to start an airline in Gatow, please don't feel the need to be Gatow's police officer either.  We have it covered.

Guys - calm down please.

Reports were done, now the AS team will investigate - and we can concentrate on flying on Gatow again.

I invite you to come to MEX and drink some beers or Tequila or whatever...

That would be my suggestion too.

Thx @highscore

think about the ethics before you start to run tons of mini planes in mega airports. 

So by your thinking I can run these same routes with bigger planes say e195/CRJ's and you will be fine with that as well?

Where does this crazy idea of slot blocking end. The person isn't using the dreaded lets... get over it! And to the new people who want to try to play on an established world at one of the bigger known airports I cant' see anything more realistic then having to go up against Big Airlines and losing. While some little carriers can succeed most go the way of the dodo bird. 

Speaking of DoDo birds when will people learn that the place to take care of supposed slot blocking is through proper channels and not putting a person on Blast in the forums.

When are these wanna be airlinesim police going to go extinct? 

Are you playing on Gatow yourself or did someone call again a wanna-be Sherlock Holmes?

Highscore, don’t worry , HSXAGENT is just wanting to initiate a board fight. His Patron was not able to, and he will not be able to, either.

I vote for Free Gatow! We don't need Sniffy Patrons and Holmes!

Sadly what this game and forum are missing is an ignore button. Rubio, please stop projecting your negativity onto me. I have no wish or need to start a supposed fight. What I am tired of is seeing people come on to the forums to blast other people's gameplay, over and over, and over again. It is tiring, seeing the same people, saying the same thing. It would be refreshing to see you direct people to the correct channels. Why can't you use your vast knowledge for the betterment of the forum all the time. I feel that you do a great service to the forums most often than not. But when you get to policing you create such a polarizing effect here on the forum, that for me, erases all the good you do. It isn't correct to create these type of postings, and then expect people not to react in such ways as you see above. All I ask is if you and whoever else want to report these players, do it by civilized means. Report them in the game, and send a support message regarding the alleged slot blocking. Then let the people who run the game decide on a course of action. 

I'm also confused as to who you mean by "My Patron" please introduce he/she to me.

I would like to acquire some funds to purchase a winning U.S. Powerball ticket! 

That would be… as you called him… my “former minion”

Could someone please close this thread and stop this kindergarten? Ignore button and Spam Button would be appreciated...