Long flights from Sydney

Hello,

I wanted to shedule flights from SYD to JFK, CDG and MAN.

But, on the evaluation form it sais that even with the Boeing 787-800 or the 777-200LR the flights are loss making.

I was looking for doing with stopover, but only KWI and EZE are possible for me as Australian airline to Stop over in.

My question is, with what plane can I fly those routes without stopover and with money making?

Thanks!

( Server is Gatow and airline is Australias Spirit )

Currently you are operating 9(!) different maintenance categories. Bring it down! It's very expensive.

When it comes to your long haul flights, I am quite sure that your network does not allow big planes to be filled. You currently only have 239 departures from Sydney, which is around 34 per day. I dont reckon this is enough to fill a long haul plane with around 350-400 passengers.

If I were you, I would use my energy on closer routes making your network stronger!

Regards,

Sherpa Air,

Kathmandu Nepal.

//Gatow,

Currently you are operating 9(!) different maintenance categories. Bring it down! It's very expensive.

When it comes to your long haul flights, I am quite sure that your network does not allow big planes to be filled. You currently only have 239 departures from Sydney, which is around 34 per day. I dont reckon this is enough to fill a long haul plane with around 350-400 passengers.

If I were you, I would use my energy on closer routes making your network stronger!

Regards,

Sherpa Air,

Kathmandu Nepal.

//Gatow,

How can i see the different maintenance catagories?

About my long haul routes, al my routes with the a330-200 to dxb and auh are always full. With my 777-200er to lax, sfo and eze are full. So i don't think its my network that is the problem... and my long haul planes are max 274 seats total.

How can i see the different maintenance catagories?

Just look at the aircraft type page for each aircraft type you operate. There it says "Maintenance Category: XY". You will see that every aircraft "family", like the B737s, has just one maintenance category, so from a maintenance standpoint of view it doesn't matter whether you operate a 737-600 or a 737-900.

For the beginning you should try to have not more than 3 different maintenance categories in your fleet. Every additional maintenance category will add +15% to ALL maintenance costs, making all your flights less profitable.

Thank u for the maintenance help, will look in the future for getting al the same aircrafts.

But I still don't know what plane can handle those routes.?

There is no Plane that can do that Ultra Longhaul flight you are looking for without heavy panalties in restricted Cargo and Passengers wich in turn means a loss making route. You have to do a stop somewhere like Quantas is doing it in real life. If you do a stop you can have a look for the A345 and A388 Or 777LR of course.

You can fly Sydney - New York non stop with the 787. equip ist with Eco plus Seats.

There is no Plane that can do that Ultra Longhaul flight you are looking for without heavy panalties in restricted Cargo and Passengers wich in turn means a loss making route. You have to do a stop somewhere like Quantas is doing it in real life. If you do a stop you can have a look for the A345 and A388 Or 777LR of course.

Yes, was thinking that to. But where can i make a stop? Dxb and sin are not an option…

You can try (if possible i did not check) AUH, BAH, MCT, KWI. Other option is you try a via Flight. Maybe it works for you. 

You can try (if possible i did not check) AUH, BAH, MCT, KWI. Other option is you try a via Flight. Maybe it works for you. 

Mayby a stupid question, but syd-cdg via sin or lax with all the same flight number will not work, right?

Respective Banff's tip: Why do you want to install this route without extending your local network?

It seems to be really risky and won't bring you much profit.

Mayby a stupid question, but syd-cdg via sin or lax with all the same flight number will not work, right?

Again; Shedule a non-stop flight with an 787 or 772 LR .. use eco plus seats, no need for a via-flight. 

Respective Banff's tip: Why do you want to install this route without extending your local network?

It seems to be really risky and won't bring you much profit.

Extending alot is almost impossible, slot wise at Syd.

I would say go get a 787, use Ecoplus, find an IL partner in US. Then you are done with it.

Still I am not sure about your loads :)

I say use the 787-8, the 77L is far to expensive to run. I currently have one of the longest routes in Stapleton using that plane and only get a slight hit in cargo, its Washington Dulles to Singapore (15,579 km flight).

I would say go get a 787, use Ecoplus, find an IL partner in US. Then you are done with it.

Still I am not sure about your loads :)

Thanks, with the 787, my plane is full to Denver. So the loads are great :D

How is the profit?

How is the profit?

+44000 so thats good, with a margin of 19%.