Lower load factor due to downtime server flight instances

Yesterday eve 28-12-2014 at 18:15 hrs the server flights instances was restarted after more than 24 hours downtime.

I am afraid that this is effecting the load monitor of the flights after 14:00 hrs on 30.12.2014. The load on flights after that time are very low against earlier experiences. What is your opinion?

Somehow it did and somehow not.

When I checked the week statistics yesterday night (after week closing.. 01/2015 already filled with latest numbers) I saw that I had approx. 30 flights less than the week before. Although my flight plan didn't change during that time.

Now these figures have changed again and it lists the same amount of flights as in the prior week.

So I'm not sure if the instancing downtime has any actual effect..

I noticed that the number of flights is according expectation. I am more concerned about the load factor per flight as of 14:00 hours on December 30th 2014. These are lower than experienced before due to downtime of server, I believe.

What I see is that on most of my routes there's a 'load gap' for most of the day of December 31th, especially first half of the day (my time zone is UTC+7).

No way I can draw any conclusions at this point other than that when the flight instancing was down, all calculated demand was loading the planes that were available at that moment (i.e. all except those for the December 31st). Subsequently, all connections and transfers were heavily affected. So what we see is one-day demand (and load) gap affecting this very day.

I'm not having a feeling that this will be an issue further on. Will it sustain for some time, it may appear that such gap is affecting further demand calculations.

I submitted a ticket about this issue. See below the response from support@simulogics.net. I believe it is a matter of AS life... we have to deal with the situation as is.

In between my airline lost at least AS$ 1.5 mio revenue and not due to bad management, just a failing gaming platform. 

Van: Ronald 

Datum: 30 december 2014 18:32:21 CET

Aan: simulogics Support <support@simulogics.net>

Onderwerp: Antw.: [#5203] Bookings too low due to server downtime ellinikon

Hi,

I believe there is a difference between investments and expenses on going concern, each with his own financial instrument. 

Real life will not confiscate a leased subject at the moment the bill hasn't been paid. There is a legal way to go and that takes time. In AS is it simple that the second nonpayment leads to return of leased subject. No risk for AS because bail covers at least 4 weekly payments excluding interest. Just an idea. 

But message is understood. Open for giving a consult to make the simulation more attractive. 

Met vriendelijke groet,

Ronald

Op 30 dec. 2014 om 11:07 heeft simulogics Support <support@simulogics.net> het volgende geschreven:

Hi McRonald,

you also have in AirlineSim but like in real life too, you won't get a loan as a startup...

Ticket: http://simulogics.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/5203

On Di, 30 Dez at 10:54 am , McRonald  wrote:

Hi,

In real life you have the possibility to have a finance arrangement to resolve cash shortages when the need is there. AS does not offer such a facility, so comparison to real life situation is not valid in my humble opinion. 

Kind regards,

Ronald

Op 30 dec. 2014 om 08:11 heeft simulogics Support <support@simulogics.net> het volgende geschreven:

Hi McRonald,

we do always recommend to have a spare amount of money left - in real life airlines have to deal with this i.e. regulary at the christmas holidays or on bad weather periods. In AirlineSim there is no guarantee for a good booking. This may be caused by a small period of technical problems (which also real life airlines have to deal with) or by opponents.

Ticket: http://simulogics.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/5203

On Di, 30 Dez at 7:58 am , McRonald  wrote:

Hi,

Last weekend the server for flight instances had a downtime from Saturday 27.12 14:00 hrs until Sunday 28.12. 18:15 hrs. During this time frame no new bookings were added. As you can see in the file attached today as from 14:00 hrs the load per flight is significant lower than same flights one day and two days before. AGEX is at the same level. I have a strong believe that the drop is caused by the downtime of the server (i.e. 2 times calculation instead of the normal 3). In my case I will not have enough AS$ to pay the lease obligations and will loose planes. Finally company will go broke, due to soft/hardware failure. How to solve this situation? 

Kinds regards,

Ronald