Maintenance providers

Hi, I'm a very new guy in this game. I've read the "AS for beginners" post before, but can someone tell me the differences between those maintenance providers? In that guide post, he says that Helvetics is favourable for beginners. But, why is it so? And, will we at some point be forced to use other providers?

There are lots of questions about this game in my head, i hope the game's Gurus wouldn't mind if i keep posting questions.

I have Helvatic :)

They all are different some cost more and gives you more and some cost less and gives you less. It all depends on how you want thinks to run like most things in AS.

Personally I use African but I have all aircraft under 0.6 years old.

Helvetic and Avia are the cheapest and maintain the same ratio as Amethyst, yet cost 50% less. African gives you 25% more MR points so you can schedule more with your planes, but costs about 50% more than Helvetic/Avia (but still less than Amethyst).

Anything else is useless.

if you are having just 3 categories then African would be best option. If you have 4 or 5 or 6 categories go with Avia or Helvetic.

Thanks for the replies  :)

So Amethyst is more expensive than African even though African is ranked 'lousy' on price and Amethyst is ranked 'average'?

So Amethyst is more expensive than African even though African is ranked 'lousy' on price and Amethyst is ranked 'average'?

Atleast you get more for your money.

So Amethyst is more expensive than African even though African is ranked 'lousy' on price and Amethyst is ranked 'average'?

Yes. The thing is a maintenance break is not the same with the two. You see the difference after several days, when the quality and time of the job done starts reflecting into the overall maintenance costs.

Basically it roughly nails down to some explanation like this: imagine the mx provider gets paid by time. While one might charge more for the hour of work than the other he does the same job faster. So at the end you pay less. This is an average approximation and there is much more to maintenance cost formula than that, but it’s a start. Keep in mind that more expensive price tag is not necessarily more expensive at the end of week, when the saying “you get what you pay for” holds true.

What about "Maintenance Aéronautique Solaire?" Anyone compared with that before?

Bad bad

I compared them all side by side in an controlled environment.

never used all the providers  :huh: Thanks for the tips