Manufacturing of Aircraft

Currently the 787-10 and starting Okt1 all 787 aircraft are moved to North Charleston, South Carolina and will not be build in Seattle.
Airbus Mobile USA manufacturing is also not included.
So the factories for Boeing are Renton, BFI, Charleston and Everett

Why the move, so we can order planes from different plants. I could order 5 Airbus 320-200 from TLS and an other 5 from Mobile USA.

Hi Mike, good to see a familiar name :slight_smile:

On the 787 front, an aircraft produced in Charleston is still delivered/handed over to the customer in Everett, I assume this practice will continue even with all production moved to CHS.

I think it counteracts the idea of installing production lines, which is to slow down growth of airlines, especially in the initial stages of a new server.

I guess ianmanson has a point, though I slightly agree more with Mike here. Are the planes handed over in Everett? I thought they just left out of CHS to either the seat retrofitting or the airline hub. Both BA 78X as well as many EY frames were ferried straight to their hubs from CHS and AFAIK never went to Everett.
As for Mobile, that would imply aircraft models have multiple assembly lines, which is something the current game does not support - though it would be nice to see A32X and A220 being built in MOB alongside their respective current plants.

Yeah, the production slows down growth, but then again each carrier has their own production facility, so the system is pretty unrealistic and relatively fast nevertheless. If we “made the system realistic” by just having one (or 2) production facilities per family, it would imply we would wait for a while for new planes (especially in 787, A350, and other popular models; given current queues for 787 on my world, it would be a month to get a new 787). This would a. deter new players from coming back, especially on old servers where the “old money” abounds, and b. crowd the used market, which is somewhat fine on my end, but would imply popular models would “sell out” a lot more quicker as many would stop ordering E2s and buy second hand A319.

Well, those with several production lines can (and partly guess are) reflected in the delivery times

1 Like

This isn’t true. Boeing does have a delivery center in Charleston. https://boeing.mediaroom.com/2011-11-11-Boeing-Opens-South-Carolina-Delivery-Center