May dip into negative balance, what are the consequences?

Hello all,

I currently have less than 20,000 dollars left in my bank, with these forthcoming events;

IUwIXAj.png

As you can see, I've cancelled a lease of a plane that I did not need, however it was poorly timed.

What are the consequences of this?

Will I go into the negative briefly, but then be recovered by the leasing termination?

Or will I lose my planes due to bad timing?

This is my first time going into the negative, just to note.

Cheers,

Jordan

You will need a rescue loan which is not certain that it will work.

If you cannot pay your weekend closing and a rescue loan is refused, then you are bankrupted. If you are lucky with the rescue loan to pay your wages, then you still cannot pay 4 leasing costs. These plane will be taken away from you.

You also can check if AS will give you a loan (not a rescue loan). If yes you should apply for it quite fast.

You will need a rescue loan which is not certain that it will work.

If you cannot pay your weekend closing and a rescue loan is refused, then you are bankrupted. If you are lucky with the rescue loan to pay your wages, then you still cannot pay 4 leasing costs. These plane will be taken away from you.

You also can check if AS will give you a loan (not a rescue loan). If yes you should apply for it quite fast.

Thanks for your reply.

Definitely a shame about bad timing!

What is the procedure for applying for a loan via AS?

Is it via email support, or is there a way to do it via the system itself?

Cheers,

Jordan

Only ingame.

Management - corporate finance - dept - new loan (on the right side of the screen).

Ah had checked there prior, however it won’t allow me to take out a loan at this time.

That's what I expected. Then fingers crossed for a rescue loan.

That's what I expected. Then fingers crossed for a rescue loan.

On both hands!

Thanks again for your help.

If worse comes to worse, I will restart and be careful with leasing a few too many planes next time!

Rescue loans always work. Just that if you get more than two consecutive then you will get bankrupt. The leases will just be cancelled and you wont have to pay compensation to the passagers like if you manually cancel the flights. Unlike what previously said here rescue loans are very reliable that is why I often use them in a legal strategy to gain more capital in the beginning of an airline by delaying payments allowing me to otherwise you the money. This strategy has previously been described by Rpandugita in a topic dedicated to it. So there is nothing unreliable about rescue loans just that you can't get more than two consecutively.

Which is not true - they are not reliable. Happend once also to me. There is no guarantee but it often works.

Rescue loans always work. Just that if you get more than two consecutive then you will get bankrupt. The leases will just be cancelled and you wont have to pay compensation to the passagers like if you manually cancel the flights. Unlike what previously said here rescue loans are very reliable that is why I often use them in a legal strategy to gain more capital in the beginning of an airline by delaying payments allowing me to otherwise you the money. This strategy has previously been described by Rpandugita in a topic dedicated to it. So there is nothing unreliable about rescue loans just that you can't get more than two consecutively.

Thanks for the info.

I presume from there, it's focus on the routes that work with 1 plane until capital builds up?

Not really. Everyone has different methods. I tend for the first week to leave 10% free, and then not spend it until weekend closing and leasing paid off (so 1mil after set up)

Not really. Everyone has different methods. I tend for the first week to leave 10% free, and then not spend it until weekend closing and leasing paid off (so 1mil after set up)

I've done similar on another world.

Currently got 3 holdings setup across different worlds, just to test the waters and see what works.

Been playing less than a week now and I am really enjoying it. Have invited a friend also, who has started today.

Rescue loans were previously sometimes not granted to non operating companies.

This changed with a patch some time ago. Now, at least one rescue loan is always granted. That’s what I remember from the patch description.

You will not have to return all 4 aircraft. Proceeds from the returned deposit for the first aircraft will pay the lease costs on the other 3.

Rescue loans were previously sometimes not granted to non operating companies.

This changed with a patch some time ago. Now, at least one rescue loan is always granted. That’s what I remember from the patch description.

You will not have to return all 4 aircraft. Proceeds from the returned deposit for the first aircraft will pay the lease costs on the other 3.

Transactions happen sequentially within the game, even though several transactions are scheduled for the exact same time.

You'll be granted a rescue loan to cover your weekly closing costs (salaries), and you'll have to repay that (net worth = -212 620).  Four minutes later, the first of your three aircraft will be repossessed.  Your leasing deposit ($2 035 000) will be returned, less the weekly leasing cost for that aircraft ($2 035 000 - 203 500 = 1 831 500 remaining).  The remains of that deposit should first be applied to your rescue loan to bring your debt to zero (1 831 500 - 212 620 = 1 618 880), then the leasing fees of your other two aircraft will be deducted from your bank balance (1 618 880 - [2*203 500] = 1 211 880).  Seven hours later and ten hours after that, the other two aircraft's lease fees will be charged (1 211 880 - [2*65 000] = 1 081 880), and seven hours after that, the other aircraft will be returned to the lessor, again returning the deposit minus the weekly lease cost (1 081 880 + [2 035 000 - 203 500] = 2 913 380).

Net result is the loss of two aircraft, but a bank balance of just under 3million that you can use to lease another aircraft to replace the unexpected seizure.  This does not include net revenues from flights operating within the time period.

No, the rescue loan will not be paid from the lease deposit proceeds. Rescue loan needs to be paid back manually.

I've been eagle-eyed and have been pro-actively cancelling flights that are never going to be filled and income has been better.

160,000 income from revenue, -241,000 expenditure at -150% margin at the moment.

If I carry on being vigilant and hopefully have a few successful flights between now and then, things may be looking up from here!